Sim racing upgrade

Soldato
Like a proper rig with seat/frame etc?
And you want to interchange them or something between wheels and sticks?

What is better you reckon the wheel stand pro solution from Simlab or the GTOmega one?

Soldato
Ah because of the torque you are saying its so powerful that it could contort/flex the frame?
Is that why its best to have a racing seat attached to the frame?

Alternatively I have a fitted office desk and could just use the table clamp I guess....

Soldato
Your recent order may put you in wave 2 queue (make sure youv also signed up to the newsletter) but don't be surprised if you cant get in until wave 3 and even then its going to be a bloodbath.

Fanatec stuff at the best of times is mostly out of stock...honestly I think their manufacturing processes suck and they clearly haven't ramped up with demand at all (despite sponsoring several large online and offline racing leagues)

Soldato
Your recent order may put you in wave 2 queue (make sure youv also signed up to the newsletter) but don't be surprised if you cant get in until wave 3 and even then its going to be a bloodbath.

Fanatec stuff at the best of times is mostly out of stock...honestly I think their manufacturing processes suck and they clearly haven't ramped up with demand at all (despite sponsoring several large online and offline racing leagues)

Ah happy days :| But thanks for the info.
Any idea when W2 starts?

Soldato
Is it just me, or does it seem unfair that Fanatec said that W1 is open to those who have ordered items from them (which I have done).

I have ordered 800 EUR worth of equipment and now I am not in Wave 1, potentially W2 and assuming W1 get their deliveries in September, one can assume the W2 deliveries will be later.

So I should sit on their equipment for the best part of 5-6 months?

Am I being unreasonable about this and should I STFU?

Associate
5-6 months does sound like a long time. But even when fanatec is in stock it takes a month from my experience.

How much do you want the product? The new DD was always gonna be hugely popular. I don't know, some people are still waiting for 3080 per orders - it is sign of the times.

Soldato
5-6 months does sound like a long time. But even when fanatec is in stock it takes a month from my experience.

How much do you want the product? The new DD was always gonna be hugely popular. I don't know, some people are still waiting for 3080 per orders - it is sign of the times.

Yes was just thinking the same thing about the 3080....

What peeves me off is the fact that they said W1 are for customers who ordered product (which I have done...)
Moreover they were not transparent about what date the DD will be released after the preorder... so for those who decided to order product (like myself) to get in on being a wave 1 customer, would have to wait a long time anyway for the CSL DD.

Bah ... anyhoo... Ive dropped them a message to see when they expect the W2 deliveries to be made....

Soldato
So wave 2 and nothing.
Fed up with these fanatec guys.

First they say you get first dibs if you are a customer.

Ordered a wheel and pedals for 800 euros odd. Registered account/emails bla bla. As per their request.

They take the money. W1 comes along and nothing.

Contact their customer services. Asked them why this was. "Sorry bla bla try wave 2"

Wait for W2. Come and gone. Again nothing.

This morning got an email from ups to pay the tax.

Sorry. Feel like I'm jumping through many hoops.and being sold lies by these guys. Their tech must be pretty damned good because their support is abysmal.

Asked them this morning for a full refund and return of the items I ordered.

/Rant.

Soldato
just to help you out keep on checking this link making sure you are logged in.
https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/wheel-bases/csl-dd

If you see it you can buy it. Do not rely on Reddit here, just keep checking as it seems they are opening and closing the page periodically. I assume after they process a bunch of orders and to stop the site from falling over.
This is what I currently see and im able to purchase:
/LCmkSD8.png/

Soldato
just to help you out keep on checking this link making sure you are logged in.
https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/wheel-bases/csl-dd

If you see it you can buy it. Do not rely on Reddit here, just keep checking as it seems they are opening and closing the page periodically. I assume after they process a bunch of orders and to stop the site from falling over.
This is what I currently see and im able to purchase:
/LCmkSD8.png/

You are a legend. Worked exactly like this and ordered the CSL DD with 8Nm PSU and table clamp.
Thank you again. You saved me a lot of hassle.

Back
Top Bottom