Alarm system?

Associate
Without wishing to be offensive, that stuff is junk. And there is an ongoing fee with Ring. Have a look at Ajax. It’s stupidly easy to install, it’s not appreciably more expensive and it works with proper surveillance cameras.

No offence taking. I did have a look the Ajax system after reading it on here. Me and the wife will be looking at all them before we decided. Thanks for your valid opinion and the ongoing fees with any of these systems is something we are wary of, also I don’t like that ring is owned by Amazon either.

Soldato
We've got the Ajax at our office after @WJA96 recommendation. Been great so far, really, really easy to setup, only niggle is sometimes my app notifications stop if I haven't opened it in a while, but unsure if that's an app/app settings or Android/Android settings issue, need to look into it.

Soldato
@WJA96 - have you had any demos of the HIK AX Pro stuff? How does it compare to Ajax in your opinion? I’m OCD about the HIK stuff and it looks a doddle. Can get a decent set up for about £360. Worth it?

AX Pro is very nice. It’s a touch more expensive than Ajax, the phone app isn’t as pretty and it only really integrates properly with other Hikvision gear. Ajax requires almost zero configuration and it has far superior sensor technology but if you’re a Hikvision user already then you’ll know what you’re getting. It’s not the absolute best, but you certainly won’t be disappointed.

Soldato
Yale sync has worked for us for a few years. All app controlled and wireless. Changing batteries every couple of years isn't a bother either.
Also got some WiFi cameras set up, Amazon specials.

Everything has worked fine for us so far

Associate
That’s marvellous cheers. I’m sort of still tossing up the pros and cons. Think I’ll bite the bullet and see what it’s like!

I'm very happy with the AX Pro, simple install with the QR codes and adding cameras was a breeze. The app isn't fancy but the ability to amend zones, sensors etc is really easy and intuitive.

Associate
Thinking about having an alarm installed as just moved into a new property.

I’ve seen a few on here mention the Ajax system, anyone who had one installed able to say a rough cost of installation? Also know someone who fits Texecom, but unsure what they are like.

Soldato

I’ve seen a few on here mention the Ajax system, anyone who had one installed able to say a rough cost of installation? Also know someone who fits Texecom, but unsure what they are like.

We used to have a Texecom in our shop and it never went wrong for over a decade. I had one in my house for 5 years and again never went wrong.
When I need to buy a new alarm I'm going to get Texecom for sure

Soldato

It depends on how many doors/windows/sensors you’re getting and whether they drill and screw the sensors or use double sided tape. We bill 1-2 hours for a full install and 30 minutes of that is talking the customer through the phone application.

It literally is just open the box, scan the barcode to add the unit to the system, stick it/screw it to the door/window frame and then on to the next one. Definitely don’t pay someone a lot of money to install Ajax. A typical system should be 300+VAT installed with customer training.

Associate
Definitely interested upgrading to a wireless Alarm System with smart app for mobile. Do some of the aforementioned systems work with larger pets over 35+ kilos? Would like to ensure they weren't accidentally setting it off haha.

Soldato
Definitely interested upgrading to a wireless Alarm System with smart app for mobile. Do some of the aforementioned systems work with larger pets over 35+ kilos? Would like to ensure they weren't accidentally setting it off haha.

Not really. If you have really large pets then you need to disable the system or the Ajax alternative is they have a camera system for inside the home that detects people rather than pets.

Associate
The Ajax equipment seems quite pricy compared to Ring when you start adding PIRs and door/window detectors
Same conclusion I came to. I have been looking at the Eufy system over the weekend, with a few extras. No monthly fees and the system seem to be at reasonable price.

Back
Top Bottom