Spray painting a sectional garage door

Associate
Currently got a white Novoferm sectional single garage door and would like to change the colour of it to black.

I don’t have the skills, paint or spray gun to do it myself so see on google that there are companies who can do a professional job for a couple of hundred pound.

Is there anything I should be aware of before starting to get quotes in?

Associate
OP
So far had a couple of responses to quote's, not going to name any companies on here but the first quote came in at £350+VAT to spray a single garage door so obviously either didn't want the work or are the Everest of spraying companies.

Second company was a reasonable quote of £275+VAT and I booked them in and the first appointment they cancelled the day before citing the frosty evenings and saying the paint would not 'take' and they have also now cancelled the re-booked appointment
saying all their sprayers had been delayed on one job due to rain.

Can anyone recommend a company around the midlands area that could spray a single garage door for £250+VAT?

I've submitted a quote request to Spraygroup, see what they come back with.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Quote just came in from a midlands based spraying company, they quote £450.

Just got to wait for Spraygroup to come back now.

Fingers crossed for Spraygroup, £450 is approaching half the cost of a fully fitted single roller door!

The first company who let me down twice have not responded to my emails at the moment, not holding out much hope for them to contact me again.

Associate
Fingers crossed for Spraygroup, £450 is approaching half the cost of a fully fitted single roller door!

The first company who let me down twice have not responded to my emails at the moment, not holding out much hope for them to contact me again.

tbh if they have messed you about already ..would you really want them to do the job, what if a problem occurs later you would never get a reply. sometimes a quote can be too cheap for a reason:)

Back
Top Bottom