Release date for the Asus ROG PG279QM?

Associate
Soldato
Who knows when it comes.
Lots of high end monitors have had their release dates moving farther in recent years.

Anyway there are 200+ Hz models available and ones which don't limit your future graphics card choises:
Acer XV272UX with very wide color gamut AU Optronic panel and Gigabyte FI27Q-X with wacky BGR subpixel layout Sharp panel which is suboptimal if you do lots of work/work reading.

Associate
OP
Oh, I see. I was lucky enough to secure a 3090. Given the current climate, I think I'll be sticking it for a long time to come. It shouldn't be an issue really, but thanks for bringing that up.

I've also just read that the Odyssey G7 got a 2021 release, but it's practically identical to the 2020 version.

Soldato
I didn't realise this came without freesync. Hard to fathem why not.

Video Feature
Trace Free Technology : Yes
Color Accuracy : △E< 2
GamePlus : Yes
Low Blue Light : Yes
HDCP Support : Yes, 2.2
Game Visual : Yes
VRR Technology : G-SYNC®
Dark Boost : Yes

Associate
Not sure if freesync works on all gsync monitors nowadays anyway? But worth waiting till a few more reviews and units out before judging it purely for that. Im guessing this will be at the £600+ mark easily too.

Associate
Interested in buying this as well as soon as it's available. According to 'Hardware Unboxed' (youtube), this monitor will work with all adaptive sync capable GPU's so you won't be locked into just Nvidea.

Associate
Incredibly disappointed to see a price listed on trees (unsure if that's the correct alias) @£1,027.62 considering the competition is around the £700 - £800 mark, could just be a markup.

Nothing on the official site yet re pricing, I was sad enough to ring Asus the other day to see if they could confirm a release date but they could not.

It was between this, the Acer Predator XB273U GXbmiipruzx or the AWD2712D, might just go with the AW as I can get that for just under £600.

Associate
I just placed an pre-order for this Monitor at the other store, £789.89.

I am 10th in the que, 2nd week of July unofficial ETA.

I've been watching this monitor for a long time now. After seeing hardware unboxed review it's Must Buy for me.

Been using the Dell s2417dg, which is a great 24inc 1440p G-Sync Monitor. But after finally getting hold of an 3090 FE. I am now ready push 240hz.

I will report back once it's arrives

Associate
Incredibly disappointed to see a price listed on trees (unsure if that's the correct alias) @£1,027.62 considering the competition is around the £700 - £800 mark, could just be a markup.

Nothing on the official site yet re pricing, I was sad enough to ring Asus the other day to see if they could confirm a release date but they could not.

It was between this, the Acer Predator XB273U GXbmiipruzx or the AWD2712D, might just go with the AW as I can get that for just under £600.

The Acer is nowhere to be seen outside Microcenter in the US. I have had a friend who was willing to buy it and ship it, but with another $300 to pay for the shipping and customs I was unwilling.

I would have bought the AW2721D long ago if it had the on-screen crosshair (it does come in handy at some point).

I just placed an pre-order for this Monitor at the other store, £789.89.

I am 10th in the que, 2nd week of July unofficial ETA.

I've been watching this monitor for a long time now. After seeing hardware unboxed review it's Must Buy for me.

Been using the Dell s2417dg, which is a great 24inc 1440p G-Sync Monitor. But after finally getting hold of an 3090 FE. I am now ready push 240hz.

I will report back once it's arrives

Been using a 1080p TN Panel for my 3090 FTW3 for the past year. I feel robbed as the colors are extremely dull and the games simply do not look as vivid as a IPS or VA panel.

I am now interested in this panel. I cannot find any pre-order pages online though.

Soldato
The Acer is nowhere to be seen outside Microcenter in the US. I have had a friend who was willing to buy it and ship it, but with another $300 to pay for the shipping and customs I was unwilling.

I would have bought the AW2721D long ago if it had the on-screen crosshair (it does come in handy at some point).
Gigabyte AORUS FI27Q-X has crosshair overlay.

Associate

Been using a 1080p TN Panel for my 3090 FTW3 for the past year. I feel robbed as the colors are extremely dull and the games simply do not look as vivid as a IPS or VA panel.

I am now interested in this panel. I cannot find any pre-order pages online though.

This is going to be my first IPS Monitor. So looking forward to the better colours that people talk about for these panels. Also, I really enjoy G-Sync so happy that this has a built-in module.

Even though we have powerful GPU. I still think 1440p 240hz is the Sweet Spot in Graphics and FPS.

Associate
Gigabyte AORUS FI27Q-X has crosshair overlay.
First time I hear about this monitor, even though I've been looking for 1440p 240hz IPS for a while now. Seems a bit cheaper as well, will probably look into its reviews.

Thanks.

This is going to be my first IPS Monitor. So looking forward to the better colours that people talk about for these panels. Also, I really enjoy G-Sync so happy that this has a built-in module.

Even though we have powerful GPU. I still think 1440p 240hz is the Sweet Spot in Graphics and FPS.
I agree, 1440p 240hz is probably the sweet spot for gaming in PC in general. Going higher is just going console level (couch gaming).

Well, hope this monitor comes in online stores soon. I am sure you'll enjoy the color fidelity of the new monitor.

Soldato
First time I hear about this monitor, even though I've been looking for 1440p 240hz IPS for a while now. Seems a bit cheaper as well, will probably look into its reviews.
For gaming it would be excellent.
In normal use that inverted/"upside down" BGR subpixel layout panel can have occasional text clarity issues from software expecting normal RGB subpixels.
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/gigabyte/aorus-fi27q-x
https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/gigabyte-aorus-fi27q-x/

Also as FreeSync monitor its variable refresh rate is guarateed to work with any graphics card, including Intels and not shackle you into Nvidia.

Associate
Got it on order at the other place too, how do I check what place I am in the queue?

I have seen the Acer Pred at a number of other online outlets, seems available.

Really looking forward to getting the monitor from the reviews I've seen!

Associate
Got it on order at the other place too, how do I check what place I am in the queue?

I have seen the Acer Pred at a number of other online outlets, seems available.

Really looking forward to getting the monitor from the reviews I've seen!

I called them before placing my order to check how many was in the que. When did you place your order?

Associate
I called them before placing my order to check how many was in the que. When did you place your order?

26th, very early in the morning.

Official ETA 19 July 2021. Currently 10th in the queue. Hopefully, they will get enough stock to cover all pre-orders.

Also, checked OCUK, and no mention of this monitor on their Webstore :mad:

Back
Top Bottom