Star Wars Squadrons

Soldato
This is utter BS. I have over 300 hours in this game and not seen a single cheater in any game mode. 200+ kills? lmao, get a grip.

Its not BS. They would sit at the spawn points blasting ships as they arrived without getting damaged themselves.

Same happened in both Star Wars Battlefront games at one point till they managed to stop it you could always tell because one player was top of leaderboard with 100+ kills and next one down had like 25.

Google Star Wars Squadrons Hackers but this is one example

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsSquadrons/comments/j476s6/hackers_in_the_game/

Associate
Bizarre, I've played pretty much daily since release (apart from last 5-6 weeks due to newborn baby), and haven't seen a single thing. Maybe they just moved on and it wasn't particularly prevalent? I'm super active in the competitive community too and not heard a single peep about cheats since release (other than finger-pointing on dodgy macros that give marginal advantage).

Associate
Many top tier competitive players use a range of xbox/ps controllers, the game devs fine tuned the engine around controller play so it does have a marginal advantage over joysticks/hotas etc. in some aspects (throw distance and control being the main).

Associate
Have the PS4 controls got any better out of the box? Gave up on release day as 20 mins fiddling with controls yielding little rewards

Might be my setup admittedly

Soldato
Right, played the first couple of missions with the controller, and whilst it does the job, I've decided I need to re-live my childhood playing x-wing alliance (and tie fighter before that) and get a flightstick. Assuming the sale goes through smoothly, I should now have a thrustmaster hotas one on the way. Combined with playing in vr, I'm hoping for a really immersive experience. Not planning on being a highly competitive player, but what's the online scene like?

I've read the info on the basic modes, but is it rather basic, kill the other players, or are there some more coop type multiplayer missions?

Soldato
On PC and really green beginner, is this game better on M&K or controller?

I played it for a bit via Games Pass.

I found it to be absolutely horrible with M&K, I expect it'd be a much better experience with a controller but the game flat out refused to detect either my Xbox One or Playstation 4 controllers. Apparently it's a fairly common issue, tried a number of troubleshooting steps and nothing worked. I ended up uninstalling it, I'll give it another shot in the future as it looks like a fun game but I've plenty of other stuff to play at the moment and didn't want to faff around fixing the problem beyond what I'd tried.

Associate
I played it for a bit via Games Pass.

I found it to be absolutely horrible with M&K, I expect it'd be a much better experience with a controller but the game flat out refused to detect either my Xbox One or Playstation 4 controllers. Apparently it's a fairly common issue, tried a number of troubleshooting steps and nothing worked. I ended up uninstalling it, I'll give it another shot in the future as it looks like a fun game but I've plenty of other stuff to play at the moment and didn't want to faff around fixing the problem beyond what I'd tried.

There are some top level competitive M&K players... in fact there used to be one that was keyboard only! There's a bunch of settings that need tweaked for it though apparently (i'd help, but I play HOTAS/HOKAS), probably worth looking for a guide, or hopping on some of the competitive discords and asking questions. The game was optimised for controller though, and that's still probably the best input device for it.

Soldato
There are some top level competitive M&K players... in fact there used to be one that was keyboard only! There's a bunch of settings that need tweaked for it though apparently (i'd help, but I play HOTAS/HOKAS), probably worth looking for a guide, or hopping on some of the competitive discords and asking questions. The game was optimised for controller though, and that's still probably the best input device for it.
Can't see how you'd get the precision from just a keyboard, it's just on/off compared to a mouse of a joypad/stick. One thing I have found is with mp I tend to either do really well or really bad. Doesn't seem that consistent lol.

Back
Top Bottom