Eufy Wireless Doorbell

Soldato
I picked this up last week and I'm struggling with the sensitivity of the motion detection. Even on the lowest setting, it's getting triggered by people walking past at the end of the front garden around 5 metres away. Does anyone else have this problem?

Soldato
I picked this up last week and I'm struggling with the sensitivity of the motion detection. Even on the lowest setting, it's getting triggered by people walking past at the end of the front garden around 5 metres away. Does anyone else have this problem?

I had this problem and changed to using the activity zone which was much better.

Soldato
OP
I've set up a zone and had no triggers so far, I'll have to test it when I get home to see when it triggers. Ideally it'd detect when someone steps about a metre onto the drive, as I want to monitor my car. :)

Soldato
I've set up a zone and had no triggers so far, I'll have to test it when I get home to see when it triggers. Ideally it'd detect when someone steps about a metre onto the drive, as I want to monitor my car. :)

My still gives some false alarms from car headlights but other than that it works much better than the standard detection.

Soldato
I have the Eufy door bell and 2 cameras, all are stupidly laggy and great at catching the backs of people as they walk away. The pause between a bell press and me being able to respond through the app can be so long the person has walked away. My experience with Eufy devices has been awful and I'm in the process of attempting to return the kit.

I previously had a ring doorbell and that worked flawlessly, but I was attracted by the no monthly fee and local storage of the Eufy, hmmph.

Oh, I've tried everything I can but willing to try anything I may have missed.

Last edited:
Associate
I have the Eufy door bell and 2 cameras, all are stupidly laggy and great at catching the backs of people as they walk away. The pause between a bell press and me being able to respond through the app can be so long the person has walked away. My experience with Eufy devices has been awful and I'm in the process of attempting to return the kit.

I previously had a ring doorbell and that worked flawlessly, but I was attracted by the no monthly fee and local storage of the Eufy, hmmph.

I've had the 2k version of this for two months now and am not finding this at all. I'm even using it completely on wifi despite wanting to wire it (the hub acts as an indoor chime and whilst I have some spare network ports left in the house it would mean the chime being in a room that doesnt make sense). I tend to trigger it on the way to the car most mornings, I'd say it takes me maybe 5 seconds to get from my front door to my car and pretty much every day I feel my phone buzz from the motion detection just before I get to the car door and thats pushing the limit of what my wifi can reach on my phone as well so even in an awkward use case like that it feels good.

I can conceed that the motion doesnt give a huge amount of extra leeway for me over someone actually pushing the button, but once they door the notifications deliver to my hub, mobile devices, and even trigger my echo all within a second or two of the button press every time I've tried it. I dont think I've ever had a situation where it hasn't notified me in a timely way and I certainly dont get the kind of issues you describe.

In terms of the battery life I've got my in optimal survellience mode and I'm at 60 days of use with it being at about 18% left. I only charged it to about 90% when I first put it in as well.

Associate

Have you tried increasing the sensitivity? Mine is about 4 feet from the path at the side of our house, I set the activity zone to just outside our gate and it picks up every person that walks by just from recognising feet, I get a clear video instantly every time so not sure why yours wouldn't be picking them up.

The app suggests linking a motion sensor to the camera to save on battery life, that might also give you better videos?

I never had a Ring doorbell but several drivers have asked me about my doorbell as they have been impressed and have said that in their experience Ring ones never work well.

51233245330_fcb52dbb1f_h.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Well it's rubbish for me, pulled onto drive earlier all 3 cameras missed that yet caught a dig walker crossing the end of the short drive. I really hope it just something I'm missing. All cameras set to max sensitivity and zones set to cover drive way.

Soldato
Well it's rubbish for me, pulled onto drive earlier all 3 cameras missed that yet caught a dig walker crossing the end of the short drive. I really hope it just something I'm missing. All cameras set to max sensitivity and zones set to cover drive way.
What quality of wireless signal are you getting in the location that the cameras are?

Associate

Are you sure you dont just have the "detection type" set to "human only"? Mine doesnt detect cars pulling onto the driveway either but I wouldnt expect it to as I deliberately have it on the human only mode.

Back
Top Bottom