Beggars outside supermarkets

Caporegime
Here in Glasgow we have organised beggers who get dropped off in BMW's lol
Is it racist to talk about it if it's actually true?
I remember as a teenager jumping the bus into town with my pal to go to John Menzies, They had the Turtles arcade machine in there at the time,
As we were walking by M&S there was a Begger about the same age as I am now with a cup filled to the brim with pound coins, yet I felt the urge to add a pound to it as i'm a softie, My pal was raging with me as that was 7 goes on the arcade machine.

I've literally seen one get up from outside Tesco on sauchiehall street remove his blanket that's covering all his nice clothing and shove it in an expensive sports bag and walk off. The difference between him sitting there with that horrible blanket around him covering him and him walking down the street was astonishing nobody would have known he was the beggar outside Tesco a few seconds ago.

Associate
So how do you know they send out short dated items?

It is something they DON'T do as they know they'll just get loads of rejections and pee thier customers off.

I'd agree in general with this as well, use Tesco weekly and dates tend to be very good.

If there is anything short dated it will be itemised at the top of the receipt for easy identification for returning if not long enough.

I tend to add a comment after fresh items as well to ask they pick the longest date, seems to work well in my experience.

Soldato
I'd agree in general with this as well, use Tesco weekly and dates tend to be very good.

If there is anything short dated it will be itemised at the top of the receipt for easy identification for returning if not long enough.
Same with Sainsbury's - if something has a short date you get told via the email sent first thing in the morning and on the receipt when they arrive.

Soldato
The only thing I don't understand, is why tesco is not doing something about it, I worked at morrisons for 14 years, and this would not be allowed or tolerated

Soldato
OP
The only thing I don't understand, is why tesco is not doing something about it, I worked at morrisons for 14 years, and this would not be allowed or tolerated

Absolutely. Tesco don't seem to care about their customers. How did Morrisons deal with it, did their security people move them on or call the police? I had a word with the Tesco security man yesterday and told him he should be doing something about it and he just said it's down to the council.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Absolutely. Tesco don't seem to care about their customers. How did Morrisons deal with it, did their security people move them on or call the police? I had a word with the Tesco security man yesterday and told him he should be doing something about it and he just said it's down to the council.

There is an element of bad optics in security removing homeless people.

Soldato
Just an FYI, lots of charities now issue homeless with laptops/tablets/mobile phones. It helps them access council services. A supermarket is a good placed to spend the day - free WiFi. The homeless shelter I volunteer at has lockable recharge stations to charge the devices overnight.
It is not a laptop in the picture. It is the bar running around the pillar that the guy is sitting against, it just looks like a laptop if you want it to.

Soldato
Ha ill take the insult. Anyone who wants to mess with gypsies is a braver man than I.

Was more out of disgust than fear. Felt snobby not wanting to go to asda before that, left feeling pretty justified.

Back
Top Bottom