Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I think we're starting to see a change of philosophy from Google this year that might go beyond naming strategy.

In the past it's been the case of a base model accompanied by an XL model, with only difference being the size of the screen and battery capacity. We've seen a change in that with 4a and 4a 5G, with latter kinda being the XL variant but packing an extra camera along with 5G capabilities. Although I think COVID related supply issues this year also could have impacted on some of their design decisions there.

Going forward with the 6 now, seem XL is dropped in favour of Pro like the likes of iPhone and others use and already signs that changes between the models will be beyond just the size of the device.

6.4" is certainly not a small phone even with tiny bezels and certainly not much of a difference between the bigger Pro model packing 6.67" for them to just be different in size department. So far we just know that base model has a flat screen compared to the curved design, but be interesting if they pack higher specs and features into Pro model like most manufacturers have been doing for a few years now.

Soldato
Most things are pixel exclusive for a while.
I just really hope they do something with the Photos storage.

Really disappointed to be loosing Unlimited Original Quality photos in February for my Pixel 3

Soldato
I thought Google confirmed back when they broke the news about ceasing free unlimited storage that future Pixel phones won't have it either?

Certainly would be a good selling point for them if they kept it.

Associate
The potential updates to the camera and the chip sound interesting, granted the one detraction at the moment is the sizing listing. After going from a 2 to a 5, the 6 seems like a completely different beast physically.

Associate
I used to be a Nexus fan but not had one since the Nexus 6 which was a big phone back then. I would be interested in another if they could produce another with more modern internals and a fingerprint reader, 16:9 is the right screen ratio I don't like these really tall phones but seems I'm in a minority. Maybe folding phones will be my salvation if I can keep my Mate 10 alive until they arrive at a reasonable price.

Associate
The potential updates to the camera and the chip sound interesting, granted the one detraction at the moment is the sizing listing. After going from a 2 to a 5, the 6 seems like a completely different beast physically.

Yeah, I personally hate it, feels less like google, I can understand adopting the triple camera setup but; they made the back look so thickkkkk.

Soldato
While standard practice with other manufacturers to have differently specced models with top of the line "Pro" version, certainly is a big shift for Pixel lineup.

Hopefully a sign of good change for once since as above, specs actually look solid without some silly component decision as per Google's past offerings. With no compact device to go alongside these, imagine that option will be available with the next A variant of the phone.

With good battery life on the Exynos S21 lineup, I'm even optimistic about the custom SoC they have cooked up this year. Have just switched to Xperia 5 II but if reviews are right might finally jump on the Pixel bangwagon as doesn't seem to come with any compromises this year.

Associate
Hopefully a sign of good change for once since as above, specs actually look solid without some silly component decision as per Google's past offerings. With no compact device to go alongside these, imagine that option will be available with the next A variant of the phone..

I hope they put the inside of the 6 into the 5 chassis and call it 6a (sure it will have the old/existing camera module)

Back
Top Bottom