Can you get sent FPNs in the post for using a mobile?

Associate
Been 4 days since the day after the incident, still nothing, hmm am I in the clear or is it too early to relax, ik its 14 days just wondered if people who are usually fined in the post would have recieved it by now

Soldato
Been 4 days since the day after the incident, still nothing, hmm am I in the clear or is it too early to relax, ik its 14 days just wondered if people who are usually fined in the post would have recieved it by now

Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. If they’d seen you they’d have stopped you.

Associate
I got a letter once after driving back from Portsmouth to say I’d been spotted using my phone, and that this time is just a warning but next time will be 6 points.

No idea what spotted me, I seem to remember the letter saying it was on the M3, but yeah…

I think I remember reading or seeing somewhere about Hampshire Police using an unmarked HGV tractor unit, too look down into vehicles and spot people on phones etc

edit.. yup here is an article

https://www.truckanddriver.co.uk/la...d-hgv-cabs-take-road-catch-dangerous-drivers/

Associate
The law makes no sense. Six points potentially just for checking tour phone whilst at traffic lights with handbrake on etc so no risk to others, yet three points for potentially swerving over the road and nearly hitting something or someone

Man of Honour
The law makes no sense. Six points potentially just for checking tour phone whilst at traffic lights with handbrake on etc so no risk to others, yet three points for potentially swerving over the road and nearly hitting something or someone

If people really need to be checking their phone that badly they probably should let someone else do the driving.

Even stopped at lights things are happening around you, being observant gives you more chances for instance to notice the bike whih has come up beside you, etc.

Soldato
Technically yes...however if you say it was a split second they would have to be 100% sure that it was a phone in your hand.

I'd not worry, they would have more than likely spoken with you about it and done the paperwork there and then to save the hassle later down the road.

Back
Top Bottom