• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 for UE5 Highlights

Support For

• Unreal Engine 5 Early Access
  • Resident Evil Village™
    • Up to 13% increase in performance in Resident Evil Village @ 4K MAX settings, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 for UE5 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.4.1.RS-362
  • Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition™
Fixed Issues
  • Disco Elysium™ may experience texture flickering on trees with Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
  • Performance metrics may incorrectly report temperatures on Ryzen™ 5 1600 series processors.
  • Lower than expected performance may be experienced at 4K resolutions on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products in some Payday 2™ missions.
  • Moonlight Blade™ may experience an application crash when entering a game with ray tracing enabled.
  • Green corruption may be observed in some video previews on the Radeon Software media pages or thumbnails.
  • Radeon Software hotkeys using the numpad may sometimes fail to correctly save or work after upgrading to a newer Radeon Software version.
  • Radeon Software recording and media files may intermittently fail to detect and tag Rainbow Six Siege™ screenshots, replays, or recordings.
  • Added Radeon Software game detection for some recently added Xbox Game Pass games.
Known Issues
  • Uninstalling or upgrading Radeon Software using the factory reset option may delete AMD chipset driver folders if they are stored in the same directory as the Radeon Software installation. Users who wish to perform a factory reset are recommended to use the AMD cleanup utility instead.
  • Resident Evil Village™ may experience an intermittent application hang or TDR on AMD Radeon VII graphics products in the first mission of the game.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
  • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
  • Radeon Software may experience a crash when Record & Stream tab is in use and a display is hot plugged.
  • Radeon FreeSync™ may intermittently become locked while on desktop after performing task switching between extended and primary displays upon closing a game, causing poor performance or stuttering. A system restart is a potential workaround if this is experienced.
  • Cyberpunk 2077™ may experience shadow corruption on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics when ray tracing is enabled.
  • The download or launch Ryzen Master buttons in Radeon Software may intermittently disappear or may fail to initialize Ryzen Master.
  • If Ryzen Master is not detected in Adrenalin software after installation, a system restart may be required.
  • DOTA®2 may experience flickering and corruption on RyzenTM Mobile 5000 series.
  • FPS logging may log incorrectly or fail to log on RyzenTM Mobile 4000 series and RyzenTM Mobile 5000 series.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
  • AMD is investigating isolated reports of intermittent loss of signal during Stream Optimization if HEVC is used on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products or later. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
  • Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
Footnotes
  • RS-362, Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of April 30, 2021 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT, using a test system comprising of AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU (3.7 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3200MHz memory, and Windows 10x64 with Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 for UE5 versus the previous driver edition 21.4.1 on Resident Evil Village @ 4k MAX settings. Performance may vary.
Package Contents
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 for UE5 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 for UE5 Driver Version 21.10.03.04 for Windows 10 (Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.21003.4011).

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-5-1-ue5

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
Unless AMD have changed Freesync significantly in the last few years, for optimal results you should not use frame rate target control with Freesync, only V-Sync. Perhaps @AMD_Vik could comment on whether this advice from AMD_Robert is still current for the 2021 drivers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...king_awesome/d6zl13v/?st=itdvdnyw&sh=73d1a8e6

Hey there,

What Robert is saying there makes perfect sense from a use-case perspective, though that comment is four years old, and I'm not aware of any technical limitation preventing you from using FreeSync with FRTC today.

You can still use it as a means of saving power in games that exceed your VRR range without needing to use VSync, assuming the game doesn't offer a built in method to limit your FPS.

Associate
Hey there,

What Robert is saying there makes perfect sense from a use-case perspective, though that comment is four years old, and I'm not aware of any technical limitation preventing you from using FreeSync with FRTC today.

You can still use it as a means of saving power in games that exceed your VRR range without needing to use VSync, assuming the game doesn't offer a built in method to limit your FPS.

Normally I would agree but after hours of messing around on warzone its worth setting the dynamic target around your lower end for some reason 8t smooths out the game play and raises my averages and consistency

Associate
anyone else getting a system crash in bio mutant with 21.4.1? it will do it if i change the vsync option, it will also do it if i play for a bit. all other games completely stable, all stock and no overclock. juts curious if anyone else is seeing the same card is mba 6800.
for anyone else having this issue, i narrowed down the issue to refresh rates with this game causing a full on system crash. first i disableed radeon chill which solved the crashing on a 75hz monitor, then i tried steam streaming and the crashing came back on a 60hz tv from a 75hz monitor(never had an issue with this in any other games including unreal games).
changing the refresh rate on the monitor to 60hz stopped all crashing - super bizarre games/engine issue

Last edited:
Associate
Nope, only Freesync. It's strange. Battles are fine, it's only when it returns to the campaign map post battle, or loading a save.
have you tried to ddu the driver and reinstall it? ive noticed oddities like this after upgrades. i tend to as a minimal use the factory reset within the amd options and if not that after a ddu.

Man of Honour
for anyone else having this issue, i narrowed down the issue to refresh rates with this game causing a full on system crash. first i disableed radeon chill which solved the crashing on a 75hz monitor, then i tried steam streaming and the crashing came back on a 60hz tv from a 75hz monitor(never had an issue with this in any other games including unreal games).
changing the refresh rate on the monitor to 60hz stopped all crashing - super bizarre games/engine issue
Yeah odd that it crashes the whole system, are you sure the system was crashed and not just no display on monitor?

Associate
Yeah odd that it crashes the whole system, are you sure the system was crashed and not just no display on monitor?
yep, tried a hdmi replug, waiting, tried the cmd for resetting the driver. but the board is reposting as seen by the onboard post sequence lights and never posts. it requires a complete shut down manually after the post attempts. its completely replicable on my setup.

Tried that, but no luck. Do you not have the issue?
no sorry i havnt tried it as i don't have it installed right now, was just thinking of things that may be off help.

Soldato
Not sure if anyone else has had the same issue, but if you install a newer version of adrenaline and then roll back, the registry and dxdiag > display versions don't match which means you can't load the software and get "driver and software versions don't match". Seems like a bug in the installation process.

Even if you update the registry key with the version shows in DXDIAG you still can't load adrenaline.

Soldato
Not sure if anyone else has had the same issue, but if you install a newer version of adrenaline and then roll back, the registry and dxdiag > display versions don't match which means you can't load the software and get "driver and software versions don't match". Seems like a bug in the installation process.

Even if you update the registry key with the version shows in DXDIAG you still can't load adrenaline.

I just rolled back to an older driver after installing the latest and I didn't get that bug. I'm not saying it's not there just that I didn't encounter it.

Back
Top Bottom