• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Don't be sad, the Sapphire is excellent also, i think the Merc just pips it in looks and performance but not by much. Sapphire is probably 2nd best IMO.

Thanks. I just need to figure out why I can't undervolt it in AMD software below 1150 without 3DMark scores dropping, or not completing the benchmark at all. Could overclocking the vram too much cause it to resist under volting?

Associate
Thanks. I just need to figure out why I can't undervolt it in AMD software below 1150 without 3DMark scores dropping, or not completing the benchmark at all. Could overclocking the vram too much cause it to resist under volting?
When you mess with the clock speeds the voltage does what it likes. This is why I've tried to get this over in this forum several times lol. Going too far with vram will make the performance fall off a cliff too. Hopefully along with the G7!

Associate
xwmc33.jpg

Associate
I've got exactly the same one. Love the card, nice and quiet, fast and plays all my games on their top settings.

It replaced an AMD HD7990 ... it's approximately 4x as powerful on it's default settings.
MS Flight Simulator and CB2077 are now actually playable for me.

Associate
Bullzoid gives his insight on all the various 6900 XT PCBs, interesting watch.
You bet me to that lol. Got 74th on FS ultra this afternoon. Should be able to get a little higher too with more power!!! Just a shame my motherboard is junk with a 200w hard limit, so holding back the physics score badly.

Caporegime
You bet me to that lol. Got 74th on FS ultra this afternoon. Should be able to get a little higher too with more power!!! Just a shame my motherboard is junk with a 200w hard limit, so holding back the physics score badly.
Good job, here's my best score so far if you fancy going for it.
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (3dmark.com)

I am gonna re-run these on the weekend as i think i can add 100-200 points to my total score with the air con on. :D

Associate
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (3dmark.com)

I am gonna re-run these on the weekend as i think i can add 100-200 points to my total score with the air con on. :D
I can't get to 41k physics due to the motherboard, but might be able to get to 16k on the graphics score. I could take the top and side off my case too just for fun too. Have you seen my monster case?

Associate
Hi everyone, just picked up a 6900 Red Devil Ultimate for my laptop :)

It's currently spilling out of my Alienware Graphics Amplifier, and despite only having 4 PCIe lanes to play with, it is a shed load faster than what I'm used to - a 1070-MaxQ.

Caporegime
I can't get to 41k physics due to the motherboard, but might be able to get to 16k on the graphics score. I could take the top and side off my case too just for fun too. Have you seen my monster case?
Nope, please share. :D

I managed to improve my 6700 XT 3DMark scores earlier by around 100-200 points with the air con on and blowing at the PC. Will have to try it with the 6900 XT in the system. :D

I have scored 42300+ with PBO and the air con on.
Hi everyone, just picked up a 6900 Red Devil Ultimate for my laptop :)

It's currently spilling out of my Alienware Graphics Amplifier, and despite only having 4 PCIe lanes to play with, it is a shed load faster than what I'm used to - a 1070-MaxQ.
Some upgrade, nice!

Associate
Nope, please share. :D

I managed to improve my 6700 XT 3DMark scores earlier by around 100-200 points with the air con on and blowing at the PC. Will have to try it with the 6900 XT in the system. :D

I have scored 42300+ with PBO and the air con on.

Some upgrade, nice!
My son's 6700xt nitro does very well. What junction temp where you pushing on FS ultra?

Associate

I am right behind you as gpu score :) . Thank you for your help mate .

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/25262892

XFX Merc Black is an excellent air cooled card in my. Opinion.

Back
Top Bottom