Mountain Biking

Soldato
Anyone got experience of Rct3 vs Rc2 dampers?

Im upgrading a shock and want Rc2 but the price difference is pretty vast. Im more of a regular red / occasional black trail rider and not chucking huge jumps really.

Soldato
Evening all, my work has enrolled us in a ride2work scheme with Halfords and the supplier, I’m looking to upgrade my Voodoo Bizango for track, trails is there a bike around the 1k mark I should be looking at?

Thanks

Caporegime
Anyone got experience of Rct3 vs Rc2 dampers?

Im upgrading a shock and want Rc2 but the price difference is pretty vast. Im more of a regular red / occasional black trail rider and not chucking huge jumps really.

They're the same damper, charge 2 damper (or whatever one your looking at) RCT3 and RC2 are just different versions. RCT3 just has open/trail/lock

I've got the charge 2.1/RC2 and I wouldn't ever use the RCT3 (I don't think it's available on my fork anyway). All the trail part does is add compression, I have no issues pedalling my fat bike up in fully open all the time I literally never think I'd need to lock my fork. Generally it'll track on climbs better open anyway.

Soldato
They're the same damper, charge 2 damper (or whatever one your looking at) RCT3 and RC2 are just different versions. RCT3 just has open/trail/lock

I've got the charge 2.1/RC2 and I wouldn't ever use the RCT3 (I don't think it's available on my fork anyway). All the trail part does is add compression, I have no issues pedalling my fat bike up in fully open all the time I literally never think I'd need to lock my fork. Generally it'll track on climbs better open anyway.

Im looking at putting the 2.1 charger and debonair upgrade into the 35mm revelation (effectively making it a pike). Concensus seems to he the RC2 is the better choice but not sure its worth £100+ more.

Caporegime
Im looking at putting the 2.1 charger and debonair upgrade into the 35mm revelation (effectively making it a pike). Concensus seems to he the RC2 is the better choice but not sure its worth £100+ more.

It just has more settings, so depends if you'd feel a benefit out of high/low speed compression tuning?

I doubt it really, I'd be tempted to save a few quid.

Soldato
Evening all, my work has enrolled us in a ride2work scheme with Halfords and the supplier, I’m looking to upgrade my Voodoo Bizango for track, trails is there a bike around the 1k mark I should be looking at?

Thanks
Track and trails will require vastly different bikes to be suitable for both.

It is worth it. The RCT3 is a worse damper due to the 3pos switch.

Associate
I ride my bike on the road all the time.
I find locking/stiffening the rear shock more useful for road riding and will be setting up a second wheelset with hookworm tyres this evening.

Soldato
Track and trails will require vastly different bikes to be suitable for both.

It is worth it. The RCT3 is a worse damper due to the 3pos switch.

Since posting I did (probably regrettably) just go for the RCT3 and Debonair. The price really swung it. I offered £150 for the charger 2.1 rct3 brand new and it got accepted. Collecting it this week. Bought the debonair for £37 and went from my current 140mm to 160mm.

It will be a nice upgrade for under £200 and save me probably £150+ over the rc2.

It will be an upgrade over my default 2018 revelation anyway.

Soldato
It’s a 2019 model, you mean use the RTW scheme to finance an upgrade or?
Not if Halfords is the only option of retailer. If you have a LBS that uses the RTW scheme then they will be able to supply some decent upgrades for the Bizango, if it really needs it. Maybe a spare set of wheels for the road/footpath riding perhaps?

You could look at getting an entry commuting/road bike with the scheme? But your split offroad/onroad riding suggests it may not be the best use of the scheme and money.

Soldato
Not if Halfords is the only option of retailer. If you have a LBS that uses the RTW scheme then they will be able to supply some decent upgrades for the Bizango, if it really needs it. Maybe a spare set of wheels for the road/footpath riding perhaps?

You could look at getting an entry commuting/road bike with the scheme? But your split offroad/onroad riding suggests it may not be the best use of the scheme and money.
LBS? - Thanks

Soldato
Just about recovered from my trip there on Friday. As you say some of the best tracks going. Super Swooper for all out fun, Race Track for fast techier stuff and Slab Track for :eek:! Made good use of the crash nets on the top of the Slab Track :cry:

Couple of videos below from my last run of the day on. A far from perfect run down Super Swooper. Crash on the first video, I guess fatigue was the problem as we definately starting to feel it at this point. The jumps definately sound like more effort than they need to be...:p Second video is just finishing the run.

Awesome videos!

Where do you mount your go pro? and could you share your rendering method & settings? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom