Marvel Studios Loki

Caporegime
I thought it was a bit weak but then the first episode usually is since it has to spend time building up the world.

Although the fact that the Avengers get a free pass for time travel makes no sense to me given their actions caused this variant.

I think the point is that their time-travel antics were designated by the Time Keepers as 'what should happen', however them losing the tesseract and Loki was not.

Caporegime
I found it interesting that
that who they were hunting was Loki himself. In which case shouldn’t he remember doing all these things? Or has he not done them yet and will do so bile part of the TVA. Which melts my brain.

Caporegime
that who they were hunting was Loki himself. In which case shouldn’t he remember doing all these things? Or has he not done them yet and will do so bile part of the TVA. Which melts my brain.

Every variant is its own version of that person, hence why this Loki, who never got taken to Asgard and experienced what happened in Thor 2, was all shocked to see his mom (and himself) die. SatanLoki is another variant that the TVA haven't managed to capture/neutralise yet.

Man of Honour

Just remember Dr Who when it comes to time and explaining things. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

Caporegime
Every variant is its own version of that person, hence why this Loki, who never got taken to Asgard and experienced what happened in Thor 2, was all shocked to see his mom (and himself) die. SatanLoki is another variant that the TVA haven't managed to capture/neutralise yet.
somewhere there was another divergence in Loki’s past that took him down that route. I wonder if we will find out what it was? I’m trying to remember in Thor during the Frost Giant attack on Norway if there was a time or year mentioned. It was likely around a thousand years ago which then puts the timeline in question I think? Unless SatanLoki has a method of time travel? More brain melting!

Ive just watched the first few minutes of Thor, no dates are mentioned.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was a decent opener. I’m not a massive fan of anything involving time-travel though because invariably it creates endless plot-holes and questions but we’ll see where this goes with the multiverse thing given so much of Phase 4 is going to be multiverse-related.

I liked the Brazil and Jurassic Park nods the TVA HQ had.

Soldato

Isn't he the Loki from 2012, so anything past him grabbing the tesseract and disappearing from the lobby of Stark Tower would be new to this Loki.

Soldato
I thought it was an excellent opening episode - i love the Marvel Universe and Timey Wimey stuff.

Owen/Tom played very well off each other and black guard chick was bad ass.

Buuuuuuuuut..........................Loki, Thor etc are Gods, the TVA really undermines how powerful they and the rest of Universe are. Some suits, a HR dept, adminers, call centre staff etc are more powerful and can undo anything in the blink of an eye. It just doesn't feel right.

Caporegime
I thought it was an excellent opening episode - i love the Marvel Universe and Timey Wimey stuff.

Owen/Tom played very well off each other and black guard chick was bad ass.

Buuuuuuuuut..........................Loki, Thor etc are Gods, the TVA really undermines how powerful they and the rest of Universe are. Some suits, a HR dept, adminers, call centre staff etc are more powerful and can undo anything in the blink of an eye. It just doesn't feel right.
I’d imagine they will explain some of this in later episodes, how they do it.

Soldato
I’d imagine they will explain some of this in later episodes, how they do it.

Hope so, just remembered too. The Infinity Stones - Loki found them in the drawer of the help desk worker who explained that they use them as paperweights! The same stones that formed the basis of the movies and wiped out half the universe.

You're right, something's going on......................!!

Caporegime
Hope so, just remembered too. The Infinity Stones - Loki found them in the drawer of the help desk worker who explained that they use them as paperweights! The same stones that formed the basis of the movies and wiped out half the universe.

You're right, something's going on......................!!

They did explain that magic/powers/etc don't work within the TVA. My guess is it is some sort of pocket dimension, so even the Snap wouldn't have affected them (to the best of my knowledge, the Snap only impacted our universe and dimension).

Soldato
Thoroughly enjoyed that. Got several laughs out of me and the story has me hooked already. Definitely the strongest start to a Marvel series so far.

The paperweight and fish exchanges made me laugh

Back
Top Bottom