Poll: Tank or Submarine?

Tank or Submarine?

• Tank

Votes: 107 59.1%
  • Submarine

Votes: 74 40.9%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Sub for me. Modern subs are very hard to detect, particularly a up to date diesel boat running on batteries. Drowning wouldn't bother me because the chances are greater that you would die from a torpedo/depth charge explosion or being crushed by water pressure and you wouldn't know about either. A tank has a very short life expectancy on a modern battlefield.

Caporegime
Drowning is very peaceful and a lovely way to go. Once you get over the panic I can't breathe phase of course. Your body shuts down slowly so you enter a dream state.

That's a common fallacy. As someone who has had water in their lungs I can tell you it was absolute agony.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Obviously you was only in stage one, next time try stage 2 as it would stop you posting

Too much ?

/Sorry

Man of Honour
Is that so you can desert faster?

That reminds me of my old man’s story about when he was “called up” in 1941.
He arrived at induction, and an officer allegedly inquired if he’d consider enlisting in the cavalry.
The old man said, “Not likely, if they sound retreat, I don’t want a horse getting in my way!”

Man of Honour
Tank I think - with a good crew your destiny is somewhat more in your own hands - with a submarine there are many many more factors where you can't run and you can't hide if something or someone wants you dead bad enough.

Caporegime
I'll take a tank odds are your only fighting vs some people in a desert with ak47s and RPGs

how many tanks got destroyed in combat probably single digit numbers in the last 10 years, we've seen them roll over IEDs like it's just a slap.

submarine is going to be worse imo trapped under water for large periods of time and drowning in a sub or running out of air seems far worse than an exploding turret.

have you seen the sleeping arrangements on subs? not everyone gets their own dedicated bunk either some are sharing and sleeping in shifts.

being on an aircraft carrier would be fun since they have gyms, cinemas, malls etc inside them, in a real war vs a modern country lets face it someone like russia probably tracks UK carriers 24/7 with satelites or whatever and they are going to be sunk almost instantly from a hypersonic missile travelling at like 25,000km/h from low earth orbit

Man of Honour
being on an aircraft carrier would be fun since they have gyms, cinemas, malls etc inside them, in a real war vs a modern country lets face it someone like russia probably tracks UK carriers 24/7 with satelites or whatever and they are going to be sunk almost instantly from a hypersonic missile travelling at like 25,000km/h from low earth orbit

Yeah any bigger country is gonna be tracking the various carrier fleets of the other countries. I don't think there is much real concern from hypersonic missiles though yet - no one has a combat proven anti-ship system which can operate anywhere close to the headline speeds yet. IIRC the most successful test of Zircon was a peak of 9000km/h and mostly well below that.

Soldato
Hypersonic missiles are fast, however thier manoeuvrability at level is....suspect to say the least, they will have a hard time changing direction at the speeds the Uber Russian/chinese missiles fly at, I for one do not believe thier Uber weapons claims.

Back
Top Bottom