Did VR make you want a bigger monitor?

Associate
I was perfectly happy sitting back from my 32" with a gamepad.
After VR I ended up with a 43" so I could see blurry sides in my peripheral vision.
I could maybe do a 55" TV after going at the alcove with a hammer.

Soldato
I was perfectly happy sitting back from my 32" with a gamepad.
After VR I ended up with a 43" so I could see blurry sides in my peripheral vision.
I could maybe do a 55" TV after going at the alcove with a hammer.

A TV wider than your alcove is very very *****. < haha pathetic censorship on here these days. The type of big fish that eat ducks if we're doing hobocode. Get that hammer out :)

I know what you mean though. Just got a reverb G2 so I'm wondering why everything (TV, real life) isn't a blur fest now outside of 2 square centimetres in the middle. Only joking! It's bloody awesome. My first VR headset ever and I'm blown away.

Associate
OP
A TV wider than your alcove is very very *****. < haha pathetic censorship on here these days. The type of big fish that eat ducks if we're doing hobocode. Get that hammer out :)

I know what you mean though. Just got a reverb G2 so I'm wondering why everything (TV, real life) isn't a blur fest now outside of 2 square centimetres in the middle. Only joking! It's bloody awesome. My first VR headset ever and I'm blown away.

I wear varifocals so everything looks like VR to me...
Congrats on the G2, hell of a place to start.

When I was monitor/TV shopping I drew the outlines of all the sizes I was looking at on a whiteboard at work then spent a while sitting in front of it. 55 might have been a bit much, hammering aside.

Soldato
I have a 49" ultra wide and playing dirt rally doesnt really feel much difference then on my quest 2, accept the quest 2 causes my eyes to get tired quite fast for some reason. It maybe that Im just not use to it and in time the tiredness will go away.

Soldato
I've got a 49" wide Samsung G9 but it's largely irrelevant when I am plugged in to my Reverb G2 tbh!

Same, have the CRG90 49" ultrawide, and a Rift S.

Sometimes I like MSFS in VR, sometimes on the monitor so I can use my panels and do some other stuff on a long cruise.

Back
Top Bottom