*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Needing to install Origin is reducing my interest in the game by 60%. Any rumors if Steam version could actually be a Steam version like BC2 was?
Edit:
currently no
Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: EA on-line activation and Origin client software installation and background use required

Man of Honour
Needing to install Origin is reducing my interest in the game by 60%. Any rumors if Steam version could actually be a Steam version like BC2 was?
Edit:
currently no

I highly doubt any EA related game will be playable without Origin.

Man of Honour
Sadly it never felt like squads with randoms as they jumped in a or left each fire squad.

Random PUGs are always a bit of a cluster-naughty-word in the BF games, its why I tend to only squad up with RL friends so that we can co-ordinate properly on discord

V F

V F

Soldato
That was the only thing I hated about BF3/4 back then when I only had a normal platter drive. By the time you loaded in, all the vehicles were gone. Or you'd get a lot of asses that could get 4 or 5 into a vehicle and drive off solo. Unless you were fortunate to own those raptors.

You'd either have to run and hope you'd fine a quad somewhere. If not before that some ass ran you over trying to get in.

Soldato
Can you still pre order on a different origin store via vpn and it usually works out cheaper?

Which store has it the cheapest? I just connected to one of my USA VPNs and it was up for pre-order on Origins site for $59.99 which works out cheaper then the £ 49.99 UK store has it up for.

Soldato
Trailer was better than expected, but given that all it had to better was BFV that is not exactly difficult.

Why is anyone even thinking of preordering this? BFV was an absolute mess with no content for nearly a year after launch. I have no reason to believe that this will be any different. Also EA discounted BFV about a week launch so just wait for that.

Personally I would like to see them bring back premium. Yes it splits the player base, but with BF3, 4 and 1 we never struggled to find a full server and it does force DICE into actually providing additional content. Also it provides at least a minor additional barrier to hackers (assuming DICE actually bans them) as they also have to purchase premium to play on those servers.

Back
Top Bottom