• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Worrying about idle RTX3080 temps.

Associate
Of course it's in safe limits, but it's high for an idle card.

I've got a 2080ti strix in an eclipse R4 and that used to idle in the 50s. Annoyingly it was just at the point where the fans kicked in so they were constantly spinning up then turning off. I turned off fan stop and it idles in the 30s now.

Associate
db8fZL5.jpg

What my 3080 looks like idle, looks very similar to OP pic!

Idle temps at are pretty meaningless if temps are fine under load imo

Where can I get that MSI Afterburner skin please? :p

To the OP... I wouldn't worry about the idle temp too much.
What's the power draw on the GPU? IT could be that something is actually using the GPU, causing higher temps too.

For example if you leave nvidia broadcast open, my GPU stays at like 100W use. It somewhat got tweaked, so that if you maximise / minimise it then it returns to idle load.
But there are other applications that can use the GPU too. You can look in task manager.

Soldato
Where can I get that MSI Afterburner skin please? :p

To the OP... I wouldn't worry about the idle temp too much.
What's the power draw on the GPU? IT could be that something is actually using the GPU, causing higher temps too.

For example if you leave nvidia broadcast open, my GPU stays at like 100W use. It somewhat got tweaked, so that if you maximise / minimise it then it returns to idle load.
But there are other applications that can use the GPU too. You can look in task manager.

Settings of afterburner , find section for skins

Back
Top Bottom