• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti/3070-ti reviews thread

Permabanned
I'll pass. Disregarding the crazy prices at which you might actually be able to buy either one, and looking at the official retail prices for the founders edition ones:

3080 - £649
3080 Ti - £1049

Is the 3080 Ti faster? Of course. Is it £400 worth faster? Nowhere near.

Same with the 3080 to 3090. Same as the Titan/Ti pricing in previous generations. Obviously they are over priced but its always the same at the ultra high end of anything. You are paying a premium to get minimal gains and its not meant to be value at that point just bragging rights.

Associate
60c is super high even if your room was 35c that's too high.

the delta between room temp and gpu idle with air cooling should be about 10c, so your card should top out at 35c idle.

With water cooling that delta narrows further, my 3090 now idles just 1-2c higher than room temp
Yeah thats what i thought, my 2080ti with water cooling was 30 something most of the time. Pretty sure its these cards though, maybe it doesnt like my multi monitor setup or something. Nothing is using GPU.

Associate
2dZtMe0.png
Just left my PC idle and went for dinner, memory is pretty hot considering its not doing anything. This is with OC core +175 and power limit maxed. Although I've reset it to defaults now in Afterburner and it doesn't make any difference.

Soldato
OP
Just left my PC idle and went for dinner, memory is pretty hot considering its not doing anything. This is with OC core +175 and power limit maxed. Although I've reset it to defaults now in Afterburner and it doesn't make any difference.

Yeah 6X runs hot, just the way it is. Do you have poor case airflow as kind of hot for idle.

Soldato
2dZtMe0.png

Your GPU is not going into Idle that's the problem, restore the nvidia drivers back to defaults and make sure your windows power profile is set to balanced.

Idle for that card is 210MHz not 1665MHz as it shows in that picture.

Soldato
2dZtMe0.png

looks like your have a power hog in the system, the gpu is drawing 100w constantly which isn't normal it should be far lower at idle, could be a software bug - maybe do a clean install of drivers

Caporegime
I have a new 3080 TI FE, definitely going watercooling again the stock fan is just too noisy for me even at about 60%. To be fair it idles at 60C too, although it is 25C in this room.

Def give it a bit of an undervolt til then, it'll help a lot and might make it beareable.

Associate
looks like your have a power hog in the system, the gpu is drawing 100w constantly which isn't normal it should be far lower at idle, could be a software bug - maybe do a clean install of drivers

Looks like it was a driver issue, clean installed and now downclocks to 210Mhz, temperature dropping. Thank you.

Soldato

A minute into this video and I want to kick this child square in the nads.

I hate that guys videos I never watch it, that idiot Austin evans has videos even worse. I'd like to know what happened in the first minute but I refuse to even click play because then his videos are gonna pop up in the YouTube recommended section heck no

Caporegime
Yeah, he's an idiot. The better YouTubers have done little of this sort of thing as they know it will annoy people.

This kid just likes to show off his stuff and is about as funny as a punch in the throat.

Wtf is all the left to right bs about? At one point I thought he was sitting on a high stool with wheels, turns out he’s just randomly moving about for some reason. Looks like he’s wearing a wig he got from Ali express and those specs look as useful as a slap on the tadger.

Soldato
This is my YouTube tech channel blacklist, I never watch videos from these channels because of several reasons

RedGamingTech: Most annoying voice known to mankind

Austin Evans: Has no idea what he's talking about

Marques Brownlow: Has no idea what he's talking about outside of phones

IJustine: Just a copycat of Brownlee and Evans, no thanks

PC Centric: Has no idea what he's talking about and worse, pretends like he does - also has extremely annoying voice and mannerisms

Stop The FOMO: Has no idea what he's talking about and pretends like he does - gets called out constantly by reputable channels and ignores it

Quantum TV: Constantly promotes fake news and spouts lies. Also gets called out by other reputable channels and ignores it.

there may be more channels, that's just off the top of my head. For a few years I also had LinusTechTips on my blacklist but decided to remove him to give him another chance

Soldato
This is my YouTube tech channel blacklist, I never watch videos from these channels because of several reasons

RedGamingTech: Most annoying voice known to mankind

Austin Evans: Has no idea what he's talking about

Marques Brownlow: Has no idea what he's talking about outside of phones

IJustine: Just a copycat of Brownlee and Evans, no thanks

PC Centric: Has no idea what he's talking about and worse, pretends like he does - also has extremely annoying voice and mannerisms

Stop The FOMO: Has no idea what he's talking about and pretends like he does - gets called out constantly by reputable channels and ignores it

Quantum TV: Constantly promotes fake news and spouts lies. Also gets called out by other reputable channels and ignores it.

there may be more channels, that's just off the top of my head. For a few years I also had LinusTechTips on my blacklist but decided to remove him to give him another chance

All on my black list and a few more you missed that talk utter rubbish and use their channel for nothing more than to get free stuff or are just clickbait made up rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom