Invasion (Apple TV)

Soldato
Looks like it's got a big enough budget so the scale/CGI shouldn't look bad for an (alien?) Invasion, lets hope the story is up to scratch as I'm quite interested in this.

Soldato
Is it an exclusive release to apple TV?

Like what out of interest please? I dont have apple tv yet so was wondering what other content has impressed you to make it worthwhile?

I'm surprised they'd have the audience base to make it worthwhile. I can't imagine Netflix or prime would have done so well if they'd restricted themselves to only run on LG webOS or only on Samsung phones/tablets.

Associate
I'm surprised they'd have the audience base to make it worthwhile. I can't imagine Netflix or prime would have done so well if they'd restricted themselves to only run on LG webOS or only on Samsung phones/tablets.

I'm surprised too, the hoops you have to jump through if you are not in Apple land, I had a 6 month free trial and on signing up thought I had finally got to that point where I am too old to effectively use computers :D but no it wasn't me, I just don't have any Apple gear, so was getting lots of page fails etc. and couldn't sign my TV up without nicking my daughters iPad :rolleyes:

Still there is some nice content on there and in good quality in both sound and visuals on my LG OLED, more impressive than my Netflix sub for the same price, in fact Netflix currently is the worst streaming offering in that it requires almost twice the price of other providers for UHD, I can have Disney and Apple in 4k for the price of Netfilx.

Soldato
Like what out of interest please? I dont have apple tv yet so was wondering what other content has impressed you to make it worthwhile?
AppleTV hasn’t got much compared to already established giants like NF but what they do have is of high quality. Covid didn’t do them any favours.

Off the top of my head as I’m on lunch I started out watching:

Little America (short stories on how various immigrants in USA improved themselves)

SEE - Jason Momoa stars. Post apocalyptic show where everyone is blind, well almost. Quite gory in places with amazing fight scenes.

For All Mankind - Hi Bob!

Mythic Quest - Show about a computer game studio. Absolutely superb.

Ted Lasso - Yank coach comes to the U.K. to coach an English footy team. Absolutely superb and you don’t need to like footy to enjoy it.

Trying - Meh. Not sure how ATV got this, it’s a feel good drama set in London about a couple. It’s funny in places but on the whole weak.

Servant - M Night Smalalayan’s tense drama. Season one was very good, season two just raises too many questions and provides no answers. Not sure I’ll watch season 3.

Tiny World - Nature programme about tiny animals and creatures. Very enjoyable if you like that sort of thing.

Foundation - has just begun and already looks to be very good if a little slow in places with the various time frames.

Everything is in 4K Atmos with silly high bitrates if you have an ATV box. There are more shows I’ve seen but I can’t recall the names until I get home.

I’ve been paying the subscription since last month I believe as my free year ran out. I use my iPad Pro to watch any shows when I’m away from home so it’s all seamless.

Caporegime
Is it an exclusive release to apple TV?

It’s not that limited. Samsung TV’s have it too, not just phones.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
First 3 episodes were excellent I thought. Keeps you guessing as to wtf is going on. Pacing seems decent as character stories around the world are developed in the first few eps.

This and Foundation are keeping my sci-fi buzz strong currently.

Associate
The Mosquito Coast adaption is also excellent. Very tense and some stunning cinematography amongst every thing else.

But ... i've cancelled Apple TV a while back , although the quality is very high, theres just not enough stuff. If you binge watch, then you tear through it very quickly.

Soldato
First 3 episodes were excellent I thought. Keeps you guessing as to wtf is going on. Pacing seems decent as character stories around the world are developed in the first few eps.

This and Foundation are keeping my sci-fi buzz strong currently.
Strange thought it was slow and boring lol

Back
Top Bottom