Facebook comment ban

D4N

D4N

Associate
Not Facebook, but I got banned from the Metro comments when I quoted the lyrics from the Jimmy Saville and the Sexy Kids song.

Associate
Yes, for me it is way less inflammatory than this Social Media site, the anger to each other is way worse on here.
It also has many useful Groups that have been very helpful for different things just like here.
You also don't know how to use it.

Assumption is the mother of all **** ups. You should know this, being as old as you are :D

For the record, I do use FB, only for marketplace stuff, that is all, not for the social stuff. FB are too nosey about your business.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Absolutely, I run a very successful local artist music group advertising gigs with nearly 8000 members. The vast majority of my friends are musicians or gig goers.
I'm in a wonderful family group that can't be emulated on any other platform.
I could go on about other Groups that are way better than other platforms.
My mistake was joining a Group called Flat Earth Society No Trolls for a laugh.
You are one of the many people who have no idea how Facebook works to your advantage.

Sounds like FB works for you SGF, and I’m glad that it does, I also sincerely appreciate your attempt to educate me about its virtues.
I honestly can’t see any way that it could work to my advantage, if I need to contact friends/ family, I use email/WhatsApp.
My wife uses FB, but it seems to me that her nieces, great-nieces, and friends overload her with useless minutiae of their days.
One day she was upstairs, and the incoming message ding went on her phone, which was on the coffee table near me.
She called down, “Check that message out Jean, I’m waiting to hear from Zoë about meeting for a glass of wine.”
I picked up her phone, punched in her code numbers, and the screen was full of FB messages, e.g. “X is over the park with the kids”, “Y is at a PTA meeting at Kelly’s school”, “Z is on her way to the ante-natal clinic”, and on and on ad nauseam.
That would drive me nuts, but I guess that your friends don’t plague you like that.

Man of Honour
Sounds like FB works for you SGF, and I’m glad that it does, I also sincerely appreciate your attempt to educate me about its virtues.
I honestly can’t see any way that it could work to my advantage, if I need to contact friends/ family, I use email/WhatsApp.
My wife uses FB, but it seems to me that her nieces, great-nieces, and friends overload her with useless minutiae of their days.
One day she was upstairs, and the incoming message ding went on her phone, which was on the coffee table near me.
She called down, “Check that message out Jean, I’m waiting to hear from Zoë about meeting for a glass of wine.”
I picked up her phone, punched in her code numbers, and the screen was full of FB messages, e.g. “X is over the park with the kids”, “Y is at a PTA meeting at Kelly’s school”, “Z is on her way to the ante-natal clinic”, and on and on ad nauseam.
That would drive me nuts, but I guess that your friends don’t plague you like that.

I get none of that, like I said, my mistake was joining a certain group for a laugh.

Last week my Step Mum who is 1 year older than me asked about joining Facebook but she'd heard so many bad things about it but she knew there were at least 5 Groups she would love to be part of which a friend had told her about.
On my PC we set up a false name/picture and I showed her how to search and join a couple of them, one was embroidery and the other was knitting.
I said nobody knows who you are, even your friend won't know who you are and you can take part in all the threads with like minded people which is basically the same as here.
The wife was talking to her yesterday and she loves it.
You've just got to know how to use it, this last year I've gone from 1,400 'friends' down to just above 1000 because anything I don't like (Covid hoaxes/racism) I just block them which I can't really do on here.

Caporegime
Yeah ... faceache are trying to use AI models for this kind of thing, but the problem is the training data they're using is a crock of poo (i.e their own content !), so the usual rule of garbage in, garbage out applies.
it takes time to train the models though and I'm assuming they are always learning.
AI doesn't do well with language though the AI bots they tried on twitter etc or self learning chat bots always ended up racist or wanting to destroy humankind
I think one of the AI twitter bots went full on nazi ahh yes microsofts AI chat bot.,
Twitter taught Microsoft’s AI chatbot to be a racist bottom hole in less than a day
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay_(bot)
I guess that's what happens when you use twitter too much, the echo chamber effect

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a few ex commercial hens. If there are any issues I haven't come across before people usually respond in under an hour. Can't think anywhere else I'd get that.

It's also caused others to rehome hens. So less go to slaughter
Practical. I was imagining the chicken group to be a gathering of insecure individuals who cluck up the courage to do something brave together.

Soldato
I deleted my Facebook account 6 months ago. I have never been a fan of it. I only made a Facebook account to keep in touch with people who I had lost contact with, and even then I realised we had all moved on and couldn't care less about staying in touch anymore anyway.

Soldato
it takes time to train the models though and I'm assuming they are always learning.
AI doesn't do well with language though the AI bots they tried on twitter etc or self learning chat bots always ended up racist or wanting to destroy humankind
I think one of the AI twitter bots went full on nazi ahh yes microsofts AI chat bot.,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay_(bot)
I guess that's what happens when you use twitter too much, the echo chamber effect
The number 1 issue with AI is that it feeds on historical data. If enough of that historical data is polluted... well then you have a chat bot like the Tay :p

Caporegime
The number 1 issue with AI is that it feeds on historical data. If enough of that historical data is polluted... well then you have a chat bot like the Tay :p
you can probably easily convince them to be racist though.

I think I saw a comment about it somewhere saying "Gender quality = feminism" as an example then tay bot be like "oh I love feminism"

lets face it these bots are using language like lego blocks.

they don't understand what the actual words really mean they were just supposed to learn to emulate a human

Back
Top Bottom