Adding rgb fans help

Associate
Morning guys,

Im looking at adding some new corsair icue sp120 fans, ive not been a pc owner for a long time so my knowledge on this sort of stuff is not the greatest. But how do i go about connecting this? Do i need to make sure my motherboard supports these. I really am useless at this. I know these fans come with some sort of control which connects to the sata or something but then after that im not sure if or any other cables go where. I have an msi x570 tomahawk wifi if that is any help. Like if anyone can tell me the real basics as like someone who hasnt owned a pc on how this is supposed to be done id be grateful. Im literally a pc noob and worry ill get it wrong. Its probably an easy thing to do, but being first time owner of a pc and wanting to learn how to upgrade things is a new hobby. Thanks in advance

Associate
It is easy. The fans will have two cables, one for the fan PWM and another for the RGB. The PWM fan can go into a system header on your board, the RGB can go into a Corsair 'control box' that in turn plugs into an internal USB header on the board so that the Corsair software can talk to it. I think a Commander pro or something of that ilk would act as the control box and that'd possibly be a separate purchase to the fans.

Back
Top Bottom