Hayfever - Thread

Sho

Sho

Soldato
End of January i started taking Loratadine tablets and Beconase Nasal Spray every morning.

I'm not even lying, on a normal year I am dying from Heyfever.
Since i started early, I've not had any problems whats so ever. I'm gobsmacked. Not even a sniffle :D:D:D

So from now on, start taking tabs and nasal spray late Jan/Feb to have a easy summer.

Soldato
Mine started 1st June, been fine all the way up to then. Now nose running, eyes, bug sneezing fits, yay.
Benecort, opticrom and lots of vasaline around the nose!

Soldato
Last 3-4 days has been terrible for me - often I get it as early as March escaped so far - but currently for me as bad as it gets now

On Benadryl (Acrivasine only ones that work for me) and eye drops and had HEPA filtered Philips air cleaner on all night in bedroom

I find when really bad makes me have tired spells almost like my body says nope need a rest from fighting this thing

Soldato
I've had nothing all year, not so much as a sniffle but last night was absolute hell, I think I got about two hours sleep. The back of my throat just started itching at a ridiculous level and nothing would make it stop - Fully armed with anti-histamine now, hopefully it will kick in sooner rather than later.

Soldato
I find it interesting how many mid life people around me seem to in the past 1-2 years started suffering from hayfever symptoms having never had it in previously.

I have suffered it every year for as long as I can remember. Whole season, no matter the tree type I seem to get hammered.
But this year has been different yet again. The fatigue levels have been insane. Resting heart rate increased and I am just on a downer all the time from it. I have had periods of that in previous years now and again but this year I am just struggling beyond belief with the usual symptoms but this massive tiredness on top. I can't recall this constant fatigue symptoms from any previous year. It's new. So maybe getting older is a factor? I haven't a clue, but I hate it.

I have been taking the usual cetirizine and then loratadine since late Feb to see what works best and being honest, they just make me feel even worse. So I have stopped meds entirely since early May and just suffering the heavy itchy eyes and the constant nose blowing because my RHR is only around 4-6 BPM higher off the meds versus the 10-12 on them and I feel the fatigue is till bad but lesser than when on the meds..... Overall I am just fed up entirely with this and having no "cure" or way of overcoming is hugely depressing. Suck it up and get on with it. Great :(

Soldato
I find it interesting how many mid life people around me seem to in the past 1-2 years started suffering from hayfever symptoms having never had it in previously.

I have suffered it every year for as long as I can remember. Whole season, no matter the tree type I seem to get hammered.
But this year has been different yet again. The fatigue levels have been insane. Resting heart rate increased and I am just on a downer all the time from it. I have had periods of that in previous years now and again but this year I am just struggling beyond belief with the usual symptoms but this massive tiredness on top. I can't recall this constant fatigue symptoms from any previous year. It's new. So maybe getting older is a factor? I haven't a clue, but I hate it.

I have been taking the usual cetirizine and then loratadine since late Feb to see what works best and being honest, they just make me feel even worse. So I have stopped meds entirely since early May and just suffering the heavy itchy eyes and the constant nose blowing because my RHR is only around 4-6 BPM higher off the meds versus the 10-12 on them and I feel the fatigue is till bad but lesser than when on the meds..... Overall I am just fed up entirely with this and having no "cure" or way of overcoming is hugely depressing. Suck it up and get on with it. Great :(

Yep, this has happened to my mum recently who's in her 50s and has now experienced hayfever for the first time in her life.

One of the things that has helped my hayfever recently is getting an air purifier. It's not perfect, but it does help a bit.

Soldato
I'm only allergic to grass pollen, the tree pollens don't affect me. When I used to live in Texas my ex-wife used to suffer terribly around Christmas time due to it being cedar season and Texas hill country is full of cedars and everything was coated in a red dust but even at it's worst it never touched me. Grass pollen though is a different matter. As a kid we used to live with the back garden backing onto a large field that was just used for grazing horses, so would get very overgrown - I hated summer as I had constant nose bleeds due to hay fever and the antihistamine available back then used to give me a raging headache, so it was a no win situation. Luckily I don't suffer from it anywhere near as badly now, the over the counter antihistamines keep it well in check.

Soldato
Up until 8-10 years ago I suffered really bad, eyes, nose etc. It sort of calmed down for a good few years. popped back 2 years ago and this year I have been coughing more, my eyes are no where near as bad just the slight irritation now and then but my cough is doing my head in. Anyone else coughing more ?

Soldato
Mine started early June. Luckily a Loratadine a day seems to be dealing with it this year. Just that first hour or two when you wake up before taking the tablet to deal with.

Associate
Mine has gotten worse in the last 2 weeks than it was all of last year.

Had to change what i take as Cetrizine & Loratadine were not working , So tried Chlorophenamine Maleate but it was making me very drowsy so had to stop.

Now on 120mg Fexofenadine... First day of taking it so fingers crossed this will be the one that works...

Associate
I think I’m going the other way. I used to be a moderate sufferer but now, about 10-15 years on, I don’t get it much, which I’m grateful for.

A guy I knew, his mum started suffering she had to have injections, pills etc wouldn’t touch it. So strange how it comes and goes.

Soldato
I've been up for an hour and sneezed 78 times already. I literally can't ******* stop. I've got a thumping headache from it, i'm horribly sweaty and can't bloody take any more of this. The fexofenadine tablets don't seem to be having much effect :(

Soldato
I've been up for an hour and sneezed 78 times already. I literally can't ******* stop. I've got a thumping headache from it, i'm horribly sweaty and can't bloody take any more of this. The fexofenadine tablets don't seem to be having much effect :(

My sons the same (22) Fexofenadine and dymista are just not touching it for him this year

Think its time he went for injections

Back
Top Bottom