*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
never played a minute of single player in any battlefield game

agree its a complete waste of resources which can be focused on the multiplayer
This, if people want a single player game, get something like Control or Metro. Battlefield and COD should be SP only

Soldato
I wonder if they will have all that premium crap this time, Where if you have premium account you can skip waiting lines on servers etc. Never agreed with that personally.

Soldato
Its expensive for a game for sure.
However it can give you a couple of years or more daily fun and enjoyment.
Beats a lot of things for entertainment
I likely spent more on path of exile packs than battlefield games.
and besides, I saved money not buying bf1 and BFV so :)

The problem is though you can never judge this until after you have played the game, or at least have decent reviews form people you can trust. As of now we don't know if the game will be good or not. If the games is good on release and continues to be supported then it can be great value. If the game is a broken mess that is unplayable / infested with hackers / it get support & updates pulled after less than a year and therefore you only play it for an hour before giving up then it is terrible value.

The alpha is invite only and I’m pretty sure they said it was only going to be battlefield content creators and the like that get invites.

If this is true, I can't be the only person this is setting off red flag for? The whole thing will just be a marketing exercise. Also limiting it to content creators all of whom will have agreements with EA marketing, I can already predict what they will say about it. It will be the "BEST GAME EVER!!!"

Associate
Don't think I've ever played a BF game, yet there's a lot of positive hype about this one. I've watched the trailer, but yet to see any actual game play. Has any of the latter been released?

Associate
"If this is true, I can't be the only person this is setting off red flag for? The whole thing will just be a marketing exercise. Also limiting it to content creators all of whom will have agreements with EA marketing, I can already predict what they will say about it. It will be the "BEST GAME EVER!!!"

The article I read used the term "Battlefield veterans" which was explained as BF content creators and community people and you would be under nda etc. I would love some more casual players to get invites but I guess we will just need to wait and see.

Associate
I don’t think anyone should take the price of £ 33.99 for granted thats way better then the rrp and probably exclusive to CDkeys.

that is a cracking price

shame the gold only had £9 discount but months away to keep and eye on the price

Associate
The article I read used the term "Battlefield veterans" which was explained as BF content creators and community people and you would be under nda etc. I would love some more casual players to get invites but I guess we will just need to wait and see.

last time out I got alpha invites as a battlefield vet

to be fair get a few alpha invites but dont bother with most of them

Associate
I'm looking forward to this and going to stay positive that its 'fully baked' when it's released Trailer was ok, stuffed with lots of only in Battlefield moments but want to see some gameplay now.

Soldato
that is a cracking price

shame the gold only had £9 discount but months away to keep and eye on the price

I ordered the multi language version as that was the first one that came up in my search at CD Keys, it was £ 34.99. Not going to cancel and reorder the English version for £ 33.99, I’m not that tight lol.

I’ve paid with PayPal so should give me some cover in case of problems.

Back
Top Bottom