Pentagon releases UFO footage

Soldato
That's pretty black and white.

They can't rule it out, if they don't know what it is, but that doesn't mean that it's an actual otherworldly phenomena, just that they can't confirm or deny it, because they can't..............

For the Pentagon to come out and say "We can rule this out as being aliens, because xyz" would mean they'd have to be able to identify it, if they can't identify it - they can't rule it out, it could be anything - it could be aliens, it could be santa but it's just insanely unlikely.

I know you're from the "the entire thing is lies" camp, so that's fair enough.

But you can surely understand why I think a lot of it is lies / made up / exaggerated?

Take David Fravor's account of the tic tac, everything sounds fantastic, an incredible encounter of a craft basically doing things which are impossible... All recorded on video...... UNTIL..... some shady unknown men turn up on the carrier and take the videos away and they're never seen again, instead we're shown a video of a bird, then secondly a benign blob moving rather slowly around that can't be identified at all.

You see why people are skeptical right?

Capodecina
Soldato
They can't rule it out, if they don't know what it is, but that doesn't mean that it's an actual otherworldly phenomena, just that they can't confirm or deny it, because they can't..............

For the Pentagon to come out and say "We can rule this out as being aliens, because xyz" would mean they'd have to be able to identify it, if they can't identify it - they can't rule it out, it could be anything - it could be aliens, it could be santa but it's just insanely unlikely.

I was completely with you up until the last part. I don't think it's insanely unlikely. I think it's a possibility. But that's my personal opinion.

My only position throughout this whole thread is exactly that. Not that they are aliens, but it's a possibility that they are.

But you can surely understand why I think a lot of it is lies / made up / exaggerated?

Take David Fravor's account of the tic tac, everything sounds fantastic, an incredible encounter of a craft basically doing things which are impossible... All recorded on video...... UNTIL..... some shady unknown men turn up on the carrier and take the videos away and they're never seen again, instead we're shown a video of a bird, then secondly a benign blob moving rather slowly around that can't be identified at all.

You see why people are skeptical right?

Oh, totally.

Soldato
Oh, totally.

Which reduces us down to which is more likely, or less likely?

And for me it's quite simple - in the case of Fravor - it's far more likely, than the whole thing has been a big mistake or is totally made up / exaggerated for shock value and cash, than it is to be true.. It's just more likely.

Nobody can prove that it's impossible that he had an alien encounter, it's just very unlikely.

Soldato
There is no guarantee that any advanced alien life is peaceful or has good motives, that's just what we theorize and of course hope to be true for any advanced and thus presumably more enlightened civilization. But for all we know, galactic wars are raging as we speak.

If any civilization is visiting us it's likely that they are at least neutral to us, considering we are still here and oblivious. However, like many movies have played with, they could be studying us and our resources to see if it is worth taking what we have. I would say that the chance of peaceful vs aggressive is 'probably' higher though.

The second book in Cixin Liu's Remembrance of Earth's Past trilogy, The Dark Forest, is focused on this idea.

The name comes from the realisation that in galactic terms we are a tiny insignificant thing in a dark forest at night, and currently we are shining a torch, and making ourselves visible to all manner of things out there....and that stable water-based worlds are actually an incredibly rare resource and by broadcasting ourselves to the galaxy, we're making ourselves a target.

In the books, a civilization on a planet that is stuck in a cycle of cataclysmic geological and climactic upheavals, detects our signals that we beamed out years ago on radio telescopes, and set out to migrate to earth.

Soldato
This is like putting 2 and 2 together and getting 800.

The pentagon has never said any such thing, ever. All the Pentagon has ever said, is that their aircraft have recorded some things which they haven't been able to identify, and those incidents remain unidentified - that's about it.

There's never been any evidence of anything remotely defying physics in any way shape or form ever, just, conjecture and stories most likely made up to get interviews on 60 minutes for cash. (people do this all the time)

.... and where did you get this from? In the streamed video I provided last night from the guy who presented the data to Congress and to the Pentagon it was indicated the UAP's were transmedium devices moving at hypersonic speeds - instantaneously doing ninety degree right angled turns at up to 600g. The SR71 had to use an entire American state to turn at mach 3 using conventional physics as a means of Propulsion lol. Furthermore, the UAP's were effortlessly climbing 100,000 feet without any observable means of Propulsion or recordable heat signatures that would be identified by arguably the best sensors in the world being used by the battle group. As previously stated, when the story first broke, the UAP's were being referred to as drones - presumably to avoid panic.

Last edited:
Soldato
and where did you get this from? In the streamed video I provided last night from the guy who presented the data to Congress and to the Pentagon it was indicated the UAP's were transmedium devices moving at hypersonic speeds - instantaneously doing ninety degree right angled turns at up to 600g

Can you provide the part of the video (or any video at any time), where the actual Pentagon, congress or any actual US government authority (not someone merely presenting something to them), agree that this was indeed a "transmedium device, moving at hypersonic speeds, making turns at 600Gs ?"

All I see is somebody talking to a reporter from the Washington post?

Man of Honour
Without wishing to be unfair, I don't see what you're bringing to this thread now other than cynicism and your "I've watched 57-series-of-Ancient-Aliens-ness and you're all wrong" comments.

That's only the tip of the iceberg, I started reading in 1971.
Of course at that age I believed anything, I was even a born again Christian and met my wife at Church but over the next few years became an Atheist in both subjects however I still keep reading/watching stuff on religion and Aliens because I've always had a fascination about the crap people believe in.

Soldato
Can you provide the part of the video (or any video at any time), where the actual Pentagon, congress or any actual US government authority (not someone merely presenting something to them), agree that this was indeed a "transmedium device, moving at hypersonic speeds, making turns at 600Gs ?"

All I see is somebody talking to a reporter from the Washington post?

Well no-because the report to Congress providing this information is not due to be released until the the 25th of June? The person you are conveniently referring as a "someone" was working for the Pentagon for the sole purpose of providing that information.

Soldato
That's only the tip of the iceberg, I started reading in 1971.
Of course at that age I believed anything, I was even a born again Christian and met my wife at Church but over the next few years became an Atheist in both subjects however I still keep reading/watching stuff on religion and Aliens because I've always had a fascination about the crap people believe in.

What you mean is you've always had an interest in trying to put people down like you are doing now. Quite frankly I'm fed up of your incessant and paranoic ******** where you think you know better than other people because you're prepared to shout over them. Jesus. You reiterated the same argument years ago to me. Telling me you've read more than anybody about these things-including me, without knowing a single thing about me, my occupation or even my background. I'm sorry Dave but it wears a bit thin over the years.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well no-because the report to Congress providing this information is not due to be released until the the 25th of June? The person you are conveniently referring as a "someone" was working for the Pentagon for the sole purpose of providing that information.

Looks like the claims being made regarding his position at the Pentagon with this UFO program are dubious at best; https://theintercept.com/2019/06/01/ufo-unidentified-history-channel-luis-elizondo-pentagon/

Also funny, as when they setup that "to the stars" company, all of them start appearing in the media, and doing all these interviews, talking about all the stuff they apparently saw.

Soldato
Looks like the claims being made regarding his position at the Pentagon with this UFO program are dubious at best; https://theintercept.com/2019/06/01/ufo-unidentified-history-channel-luis-elizondo-pentagon/

Also funny, as when they setup that "to the stars" company, all of them start appearing in the media, and doing all these interviews, talking about all the stuff they apparently saw.

Well-two points really. I imagine the public and the powers that be to be only interested in the facts. Secondly, he addresses the latter point you raise in the clip. :)

Soldato
I imagine the public and the powers that be to be only interested in the facts.

Of which there are apparently none? Or - the only thing which seems to be a fact, is that they Pentagon themselves can't even confirm that the person held the position they say they held.

I’m of the opinion now this is a plausible deniability campaign to cover up secret US technology itself.

I'd be happy to accept that it's the US government covering up something they were testing, but the sort of tech which was apparently observed would essentially be totally impossible to have, not like advanced, or 100, or 1000 years in the future - but practically impossible according to all that's known.

Therefore if A: It did actually exist, and B: the US did in fact have that technology, considering these reports go back as far as 2004 - I think we'd have seen it more widely by now, or to the point that it's even commonplace. Governments struggle to keep the most basic stuff secret, it's highly unlikely they'd have kept something as profound as hyper-sonic transportation, material technology that's totally unknown, and everything else that goes with it, under wraps for that long.

Associate
I don't think ET is here as yet.

However, I think if they were they might well be benign. To have reached that technological threshold and to not have wiped themselves out would be near impossible if they're were at each others throats like we are.

If they wanted the planet we'd likely not even know what hit us - they'd probably not want the local fauna/biosphere so they'd clear the lot out (they've watched war of the worlds). We'd be no more trouble than a colony of penguins and given as little thought. They might look at us curiously like we look at termites building mounds, but papa has his eye on a penthouse there so the bulldozer is coming in.

The other way I see ET coming here is not in person but self replicating drones just out and about exploring the galaxy since breaking the speed of light is impossible (as far as we know).

Man of Honour
.... and where did you get this from? In the streamed video I provided last night from the guy who presented the data to Congress and to the Pentagon it was indicated the UAP's were transmedium devices moving at hypersonic speeds - instantaneously doing ninety degree right angled turns at up to 600g. The SR71 had to use an entire American state to turn at mach 3 using conventional physics as a means of Propulsion lol. Furthermore, the UAP's were effortlessly climbing 100,000 feet without any observable means of Propulsion or recordable heat signatures that would be identified by arguably the best sensors in the world being used by the battle group. As previously stated, when the story first broke, the UAP's were being referred to as drones - presumably to avoid panic.

In that hypothetical case of a person who might or might not have had anything to do with the government investigation into UFOs and who might or might not have said in a report that hasn't yet been released that the lights seen in the sky were making instantaneous turns at hypersonic speeds, climbing at wildly implausible rates and had no detectable means of propulsion...my conclusion is that if that actually happened the UFOs were probably lights or sensor malfunctions and not physical objects.

But as yet there's no evidence of even that. None of the evidence available to the public shows anything like the claims being made.

Associate
In that hypothetical case of a person who might or might not have had anything to do with the government investigation into UFOs and who might or might not have said in a report that hasn't yet been released that the lights seen in the sky were making instantaneous turns at hypersonic speeds, climbing at wildly implausible rates and had no detectable means of propulsion...my conclusion is that if that actually happened the UFOs were probably lights or sensor malfunctions and not physical objects.

But as yet there's no evidence of even that. None of the evidence available to the public shows anything like the claims being made.
I concur. Brian Cox said about it recently, if the military experts don't know what they are then neither does he. The correct phrase would be: "I do not know what that is." Full stop. Not: "I do not know what that is, but..." and then wildly speculating without any extra evidence.

Back
Top Bottom