• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wish I Knew of This Members Market Sooner :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Been a customer of theirs and didn't even know this existed. Just wish they could maybe give codes to previous customers. Fingers crossed someone sees this.

Associate
Yeh, I've been on this forum (and buying stuff from OC) for almost 10 years now. I just don't post much, as I tend to read threads to find answers and use the search function instead of just spamming the same questions over and over.

Turns out I should have just kept repeating questions and spamming rubbish! Search engines are for chumps! Necro all the threads!

I'll add the /s here, before the mods think I'm actually being serious. Except if I want a GPU, I'm now going to have to do that, so... I guess catch-22 on that one.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Been a customer of theirs and didn't even know this existed. Just wish they could maybe give codes to previous customers. Fingers crossed someone sees this.
Sorry but we've got over a million former customers and about 200 cards to sell, realistically, where would we start? This forum is our community and those who contribute to it by asking/answering questions over a sustained period of time are rewarded.

Associate

Same, but its understandable after their last public code fell into the wrong hands. The system may not be perfect but its the best they have currently.

Associate
OP
I understand it has been abused before and doesn't surprise me. Hope i can get my hands on one. will be checking all day now.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Maybe GPUs will be affordable then
and then nobody gets them because bots buy all the stock faster than an end user can respond. We've got proof of that from a previous website glitch which allowed bots to place literally thousands of orders in a matter of minutes. We had to cancel them all but still...that's the reality. There's a reason why pretty much every GPU on the website is OFF sale.

Associate
Sorry but we've got over a million former customers and about 200 cards to sell, realistically, where would we start? This forum is our community and those who contribute to it by asking/answering questions over a sustained period of time are rewarded.

I ask questions by using your search bar, instead of spamming the same questions that have already been asked a thousand times (something that's normally frowned upon). But apparently I'm now getting punished for using the forum community the correct way lol.

Not your fault, if this is the only way for you to get past the scalpers. I'll just have to make sure to not use the search bar anymore, at least until I manage to get a GPU!

Associate
Lets be honest if they don't do it this way, they would all get scalped and no one would get a card.

And considering this forum is all gamers, least they are going to gamers at a reasonable price.

Soldato
I ask questions by using your search bar, instead of spamming the same questions that have already been asked a thousand times (something that's normally frowned upon). But apparently I'm now getting punished for using the forum community the correct way lol.

Not your fault, if this is the only way for you to get past the scalpers. I'll just have to make sure to not use the search bar anymore, at least until I manage to get a GPU!
:cry: Not just about using the search bar, he said helping the community and contributing. By your post count i doubt you’ve contributed nor helped many people out on this forum. Sorry just stating the obvious instead of being one sided.

OcUK Staff
and then nobody gets them because bots buy all the stock faster than an end user can respond. We've got proof of that from a previous website glitch which allowed bots to place literally thousands of orders in a matter of minutes. We had to cancel them all but still...that's the reality. There's a reason why pretty much every GPU on the website is OFF sale.

And off sale at very high prices, just in case that glitch happens again. :)

OcUK Staff
The proof is this works, the deals been live for hours and zero abuse so far and no codes leaked out.

The public deal was leaked within two minutes of going live. :(

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
The proof is this works, the deals been live for hours and zero abuse so far and no codes leaked out.

The public deal was leaked within two minutes of going live. :(
and I ended up black listing at least fifty addresses which I was able to tie to someone who used that deal and then scalped the card online. I'm not doing THAT every time we want to sell some cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom