1TB Sabrent Rocket keeps disappearing from windows?

Associate
I dont know why my ssd keeps disappearing. anytime im playing a game or using an app thats saved on that drive crashes randomly. i try to restart the app, but it wont load. then my ssd has mysteriously disappeared. I restart go into bios and its still not there. it only shows back up if i take the ssd out of the slot and put it back in and work fine like nothing happened for a little while then it does it again.
so I thought that there might be something wrong the m.2 slot its in so i swapped it in to the other slot on the mobo and put the other ssd i have into the one thought was faulty, but the same drive keeps disappearing. so it's not the slot.

anyone know why this is happening?

Associate
Has it been doing the same thing since you bought it, or only started playing up recently?

I've seen someone else posting here recently with Sabrent issues and I'm beginning to worry that they've built in a planned obsolescence feature.

Associate
OP
Has it been doing the same thing since you bought it, or only started playing up recently?

I've seen someone else posting here recently with Sabrent issues and I'm beginning to worry that they've built in a planned obsolescence feature.

I've had it for about 8 months now, bought it new. it's started to do this maybe about a couple months ago. but recently it's been happening more frequently. im hoping its not failing on me cause i havent had it that long.

Associate
mine did the same thing till it no longer responded within windows no matter what i did. SSD being less than 7months old

Contacted CS and arranging RMA now however the returns is US based not UK, and we as the consumer are responsible for shipping. Usually wouldn't bother RMA if the items was less than £50, but for the price of the SSD, and sub £25 international delivery, i'ts note as expensive as i expected.. still a shame it has to return to a US center

Soldato
Soldato
I dont know why my ssd keeps disappearing. anytime im playing a game or using an app thats saved on that drive crashes randomly. i try to restart the app, but it wont load. then my ssd has mysteriously disappeared. I restart go into bios and its still not there. it only shows back up if i take the ssd out of the slot and put it back in and work fine like nothing happened for a little while then it does it again.
so I thought that there might be something wrong the m.2 slot its in so i swapped it in to the other slot on the mobo and put the other ssd i have into the one thought was faulty, but the same drive keeps disappearing. so it's not the slot.

anyone know why this is happening?
Are you using ryzen with a gigabyte board?

Back
Top Bottom