• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What RTX 3070 Ti Founders Edition?

Associate
Anyone noticed the total absence of RTX 3070 Ti Founders Edition for resale on certain popular auction sites, or anywhere else at all?

EITHER none have been released in the UK at all

OR every single one that was sold went to a genuine gamer who in no way was tempted to sell it on for probably double the money (or a miner that can profit more from using it than selling it)

Associate
OP
Seems there was no initial drop in the UK / EU and the US. So seems no release day stock of FE cards .... Only AIB
Logisitics problems at Nvidia or just sheer embarrassment that their flagship products aren't getting into our hands? (...without passing through a scalper/profiteer on route.) Sort of a paper launch from an FE perspective then (albeit plenty of AIB cards...)

Associate
It was just a paper drop on the 10th and not a actual release :mad:

Well some places had a few AIB cards, but the 3070ti launch seems to have been even worse than the 6800XT AIB launch in terms of stock levels.

Funny thing as their was no need for the 3070ti in the current market other than to move the effective MSRP.

Associate
I was trying for one to replace a broken 3070, it went from notify me straight to out of stock just like the 3080 all those months ago

Difference with that launch was that they did make a link live for the 3080 (However was live for seconds)

That did not happen with the 3070ti, I would not be supprised if stock levels of the FE card was so low it wasn't worth anyone selling them so Nvidia called off sales for a while.

Associate
There's a fair bit of anxiety in my home due to the 1 card one address rule that retailers have adopted.
Fair play I guess and I am glad I am not the one making the decisions on how to distribute cards to customers.
However my diplomacy can be stretched when trying to explain why my kids pc has a 1030 gt
While the office pc carries a 3060 gaming

Associate
There's a fair bit of anxiety in my home due to the 1 card one address rule that retailers have adopted.
Fair play I guess and I am glad I am not the one making the decisions on how to distribute cards to customers.
However my diplomacy can be stretched when trying to explain why my kids pc has a 1030 gt
While the office pc carries a 3060 gaming

They are kids, get them a series s and be done with it.

Associate
Yea didnt see any alerts for the FEs on launch.

Also not seen an FE posts on Reddit or elsewhere. So it looks like the US didnt get a drop either. None of the stories of people camping outside the store for 3 days either... so maybe they told people no stock? I know for the 80Ti there was leaks in the US of how much stock each store had.

Permabanned
I don't understand why anyone would care. I really don't get this. Enthusiasts, sure, but shouldn't even enthusiasts should be annoyed that NVIDIA are now releasing cards that are a blatant waste of money? Yet, instead, people sound like they are still being irrational about NVIDIA's offerings..

Back
Top Bottom