The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
As I understand it those choices without a save file only cover half of the things a save games impacts. You can kill or spare certain main characters and that impact will only happen if you import a save game. Along with the items and small amount of money that transfer over.

Not going post them here due to spoilers. In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter if you are never going to play Witcher 1 or 2 or if you choose to play 3 first. its just if you play them out of order the story can be a little odd and disjointed as dead people come alive and alive people are suddenly dead.

As for which game is best the Witcher community seems to be very split. Personally I much prefer Witcher 1 over Witcher 2. But there are just as many people who say 2 is better.
story = 1
actual game play today = 2
best overall = 3
put 475 hours into Witcher 3 and their are still hundreds of hidden quests i yet found..

these are quests that no map shows but are hidden in very odd places. Like under novigrad or IN the skeillege islands were nothing is.
their quite a few where you need certain time of day & to do to certain things before hand to even see the NPC. Its fantastic

Associate
Having played them all when they first came out, i would play them all if you have the time.

W1 might feel a little clunky and dated with the combat and graphics but i think it's worth it for the story.
W2 has better graphics and combat but was a bit shorter in length. Also worth it for the story.

One thing that is overlooked is how playing the earlier games will influence how "you" personally will play the game. If you play W3 first you might find that you are pretty neutral to certain individuals/factions because you know nothing about them. Where as if you played the first 2 games you might find that you personally are more friendly/hostile to some individuals/factions.

Importing saves adds a bit of continuity between the games and your choices.

For me W1 influenced how i played W2 that went on to influence how i played W3. (Same can be said for the Mass Effect series)

I say pick them all up in a bundle when they are on sale and have fun with them.

Soldato
Out of curiosity I thought I ask here as well since seeing no comments in the board game section about this. Any Witcher fans here that is thinking or already have pledge for the board game The Witcher: Old World over at kickstarter ? Just curios myself since I am thinking of backing it, not for the board game itself, but for all the minis that comes with the Deluxe Edition, then have them painted and displayed. Although probably take me a year or more to paint all the minis that comes with the game ! :p

There is some picture from the kickstarter in the spoiler but there is much more through the stretch goals that has been unlocked.

41qijdk.png
F3kLPw0.jpg

A small warning though, if going for the deluxe and all the add-ons it be over €223 at present but with one more add-on to be added, so wont be cheap. :eek: :p

Edit: Forgot to mention it is only 4 days left on the kickstarter from today.

Caporegime
the monsters look cool, the witchers look ****, imo. doubt i'd want to pay 200 odd for that.

You can buy just the deluxe version for 125 euros and that comes with 5 witchers and 25 monsters. You dont have to spend the extra 100 euros on the extra 13 monster figurines and metal coins.

Soldato
You can buy just the deluxe version for 125 euros and that comes with 5 witchers and 25 monsters. You dont have to spend the extra 100 euros on the extra 13 monster figurines and metal coins.
still don't think i'd pay 125 yoyo's for that given i think the witchers themselves look gash. hell there ain't even a geralt!

Associate
Picked up the Witcher 3 Game of the Year edition a few weeks ago, and I've just finished the main quest. Really fantastic story and adventure, so now just starting with the Hearts of Stone DLC.

I hit bout 260 hours and did all DLC and side quests, but never touched the Gwent stuff. Really didnt enjoy that aspect of it. Kinda seemed odd to me to and broke the 'flow' of the game. When I'm deep into a story, I dont want to be distracted by Geralts desire to play a game of cards with everyone he meets, so I binned it off.

I did love it, but I was glad when it came to an end. I all felt a bit grindy by that point. I dont know how there are people who have spent hours in that game world. I might give it a second run through one day.....eventually.

Soldato
Can't wait for the updated version of this. Hope we can bring across our saves so I can do an NG+ playthrough.
Sounds like at least the textures will be from the HD textures pack by Hulk CD project have reached out to request his work in the game.

makes 100% sense less time & better community interaction

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Can't wait for the updated version of this. Hope we can bring across our saves so I can do an NG+ playthrough.

I’m still waiting. Fancy a second play through but keep putting it off until the upgraded version comes along.

Can’t be much longer now, surely?!?

ElB

ElB

Associate
I’m still waiting. Fancy a second play through but keep putting it off until the upgraded version comes along.

Can’t be much longer now, surely?!?
I suspect that Cyberjunk has sucked up more development resources than they'd planned for and that some of the staff who would have been allocated to TW3 are instead stuck fixing the stinking heap of garbage. (And TBH I don't know why they're bothering; even if it had been bug-free at release it still would have been a pretty mediocre game.)

Associate
the amount of side quests and witcher contracts is probably unsurpassed in a game, but it can get tiring, im over 100 hours in, but compelled to go on, i do a few quests then take a break

What worked best for me was to distinguish between "story" sessions and just plain old "grinding" sessions.

At times I'd spend a few hours just ticking all the question marks off the map..

Back
Top Bottom