Fuji X Series

Man of Honour
Put an order in for the 16mm 1.4. I've been eyeing this lens for some time for a couple reasons. The pseudo-macro capabilities for detail photos and having a wide bright lens for indoor event photos. I think it could also be a good lens for walking about new locations and capturing the scenes.

Ordered from E-infinity for £579 which is a decent saving over the £840 UK price.

Outstanding lens; probably my favourite Fuji lens (although the 23 f1.4 is close!) - been looking for another after I sold my 16-55; hadn't thought of e-infinity!

Soldato
So I've gone with x-s10 + 16-80 kit lens from Pana moz and the 23 f2 wr from e-infin. Should all get delivered in time for a holiday going to Scotland in a few weeks
e-infin prices are pretty crazy, guessing they are grey market

Soldato
e-infin prices are pretty crazy, guessing they are grey market
You would guess correct. Have used them a few times in the past however the last item I ordered never showed (got refund no problem) but could do without the hassle.
If you check out their trustpilot reviews it seems pot luck as to whether or not you get your order. Ive also been less inclined to use them since they stopped taking PayPal as a form of payment. I know I have the same (if not more rights) with a credit card but case in point my previous order. If I’m going to outlay a few hundred quid I’d rather have it on my PayPal credit than credit card just in case I end up in a protracted dispute at least that way I don’t need to clear the credit within the month.
How much did each of those set you back if you don’t mind my asking?

Soldato
It seems a bit odd things just don't show up yet there don't seem to be issues getting refunds. Almost like a dodgy practice to improve cash flow without ever intending to deliver the goods, no business would survive if lenses costing hundreds of pounds geneuinely went missing at the delivery stage on a regular basis.

That said I've used them a few times set my expecations low based on the reviews and the lenses have showed up within a week.

Soldato
Nice, the x-s10 + 16-80 just arrived along with a photocross 13 sling bag.

To test the lens, is it best to just do brick wall shots at different F stop and lengths?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Nice, the x-s10 + 16-80 just arrived along with a photocross 13 sling bag.

To test the lens, is it best to just do brick wall shots at different F stop and lengths?

What are you testing? Sharpness and distortion? Personally I've never bothered to do any of those tests.

Soldato
Yeah seems like a normalish version. Little bit soft at 80mm and 16mm corners are always soft but pretty good through 20-60~. Useful zoom range and good IS, should make a decent walkaround lens.

Associate
50mm F2 is probably one of Fuji's sharpest lenses and I do highly recommend it, can't really go wrong with that if AF speed is an absolute must. In regards to the 56mm 1.2, yes it's slower to focus but honestly on a modern Fujifilm body (X-T3 and up) its not as bad as some make out, especially when you stop it down a bit. Plenty of wedding photographers using it with superb results to give you some example of a highly-demanding environment where it works fine. I'd recommend checking out some YouTube videos on it.
Yep, completely agree with this. Never had an issue with the 56, though I've never tried in very low light. Focusing seems fast enough to keep up with toddlers and you can get some wonderful separation. The extra 10mm ish FF equivalent makes a difference too. That said I'm sure the 50 F2 is brilliant too.

Soldato
The bokeh on the 56 is just ridiculous. I shot a friends wedding on Saturday and whilst I’m extremely happy with the results I used the 23mm F2 for most of it and the images are just as sharp. Haven’t edited this photo it’s straight off the camera as the JPG to accompany the RAW.

Soldato
Yep, completely agree with this. Never had an issue with the 56, though I've never tried in very low light. Focusing seems fast enough to keep up with toddlers and you can get some wonderful separation. The extra 10mm ish FF equivalent makes a difference too. That said I'm sure the 50 F2 is brilliant too.

As per previous message just shot a wedding with the 56 and I’d say the focusing wasn’t any slower than the 23mm F2 which has a reputation for being lightning fast.

Soldato
Looking at selling all my dslr stuff and getting a xt4 with the 16-80 kit lens . Any do or do nots or votes for the 18-55 before i buy ?

Ive had the 18-55 twice, its a good lens for holidays etc but if you want it to be good edge to edge then you need it stopping down to f8.

Back
Top Bottom