i7-10700k struggling to get 5.1 Ghz

Associate
Hi everyone!

I recently got an i7-10700k and I have Overclocked it to 5 Ghz after watching some videos. Ive tried multiple times to get a stable 5.1 Ghz Clock speed and there are quite few videos that explain how to do that. So I was wondering if any of you guys have a 10700k at 5.1 and could help me manage that!

I assume that as it's advertised it should be able to do it.

Thanks in advance for your time to help!

I can run 5.1 GHz all core; using Intel XTU with -50 mV offset, CPU-Z reports 1.330 V. At full load running Cinebench R23 temps are about 84 C with LianLi Galahad 360. I usually just run it at 4.9 GHz as that is a lot cooler and I've not seen any benefits, gaming wise, to running any higher.

Permabanned
Just following up this thread as I too have a 10700k CPU at 5GHz. What stuck me was that at 4K it performs almost the same as my other 4.5Ghz i7 9700. I played 4 games and found no difference in fps.

It likely true that Intel have lost the war with AMD, as its like since Intel 9th Gen their chips are just gimmicks.

Associate
Just following up this thread as I too have a 10700k CPU at 5GHz. What stuck me was that at 4K it performs almost the same as my other 4.5Ghz i7 9700. I played 4 games and found no difference in fps.

It likely true that Intel have lost the war with AMD, as its like since Intel 9th Gen their chips are just gimmicks.

At 4K you are more or less always GPU limited. Dial back the res to 1080p and you'll see that CPU can affect your FPS.

Man of Honour

To be fair, those CPUs have the same number of cores and the same cores, the only real difference (apart from the Mhz) is hyperthreading. At 4K the 500 Mhz difference won't be apparent except possibly in the lows.

Permabanned
To be fair, those CPUs have the same number of cores and the same cores, the only real difference (apart from the Mhz) is hyperthreading. At 4K the 500 Mhz difference won't be apparent except possibly in the lows.

Agreed, hyperthreading in gaming and 500mhz will give 1fps to 5fps depending on the game

Back
Top Bottom