Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

Associate
Will the Legion 5 Pro default to CL20? There's no manual timings in the BIOS. Be a nice little boost if it did.

This is the kit I purchased for my legion 5 pro and runs great at Cl20

HyperX Impact DDR4 HX432S20IBK2/32 Memory 3200 MHz CL20 SODIMM 32 GB Kit (2x16 GB), black

Last edited:
Soldato
People mentioned the 7. Last year's 7 had reviews complaining about poor cooling especially with vapour chamber. I don't know if the 2021 has fixed that. Probably has. If you want best performance the 5 Pro is the one to go for.

We have last year's legion 5 with AMD and 2060 and very happy with it.

I'm going to get another legion but I want one with 500nits screen. The 300nits on our current 5 is fine and one of the teens uses it for gaming. But I want another for my own stuff which is only sometimes fine games mostly it's productivity. But our house is bright and I often want to work in the sunnier rooms.

At the moment it will be the 5pro unless a bargain comes up with the 7. Or the slim 7. The bargains tend not to have 500nits screen though.

Last edited:
Associate
I have spent hours looking but fail to see what benefit an equally specced legion 7 has over the 5 pro

Some people say speakers are better and the cooling is better but according to to specifications they seem the same

Soldato
People mentioned the 7. Last year's 7 had reviews complaining about poor cooling especially with vapour chamber. I don't know if the 2021 has fixed that. Probably has. If you want best performance the 5 Pro is the one to go for.

We have last year's legion 5 with AMD and 2060 and very happy with it.

I'm going to get another legion but I want one with 500nits screen. The 300nits on our current 5 is fine and one of the teens uses it for gaming. But I want another for my own stuff which is only sometimes fine games mostly it's productivity. But our house is bright and I often want to work in the sunnier rooms.

At the moment it will be the 5pro unless a bargain comes up with the 7. Or the slim 7. The bargains tend not to have 500nits screen though.

Close the curtains I had vivobook and under normal room conditions way too bright at 100%

Also if running off battery get shorter run time

Associate
Hello everyone.

I got my Legion 5 Pro a few days ago.

I am having real issues with the Wi-Fi / Ethernet. Not sure whether it is motherboard-related.

My son is a big Fortnite fan and when playing, has found issues with the game freezing every few minutes, with massive packet loss.

It does not matter whether using the Wi-Fi connection (Realtek) or over Ethernet, we still get the issue.

However, if he plays Fortnite on my PC, no problems whatsoever.

I have made sure that Windows is up to date. Have installed all the latest drivers from Lenovo.

Has anyone had similar issues and if so, have you been able to resolve them?

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Hello everyone.

I got my Legion 5 Pro a few days ago.

I am having real issues with the Wi-Fi / Ethernet. Not sure whether it is motherboard-related.

My son is a big Fortnite fan and when playing, has found issues with the game freezing every few minutes, with massive packet loss.

It does not matter whether using the Wi-Fi connection (Realtek) or over Ethernet, we still get the issue.

However, if he plays Fortnite on my PC, no problems whatsoever.

I have made sure that Windows is up to date. Have installed all the latest drivers from Lenovo.

Has anyone had similar issues and if so, have you been able to resolve them?

Thanks in advance.

Dunno my kid was complaining about wifi speeds yesterday I turned off all the auto starting apps uninstalled a few things then ran and installed all the windows updates, rebooted and wifi speeds were back to normal. Regular legion 5 etc.

Soldato
1.png

2.png

Standard 32gb that comes with the laptop for reference.

Soldato
I was thinking what happens to the GPU part of the Ryzen cpu when you have a dedicated GPU? Will the GPU sit idle or will it assist cpu, physics or function like second GPU to help the primary GPU?

Associate
Having followed the comments here for a while took the dive myself on a 5 pro. Ordered 5th June. Have also been told to expect it around 31/8. Willing to wait. Gives me time to think up ways to explain it to my wife.

Associate
I have the Hyper-x IB2K2 Kit but see on here its recommended to get the IBK2 version? I used the IB2K2 version and saw a performance uplift when not GPU bound, whats the difference between the versions? Worth trying to get the other version?

Back
Top Bottom