Looking for advise from Java experts

Associate
Best place to start learning Java? through YouTube preferably, but you can link other resources; I know theres tons of content out there but wondered if there were any specific channels/sources you recommend I check out.

Associate
I learned to code Java when I was in school, I actually asked a bunch of guys in university (at the time) on The Student Room and they sent me all their student resources which I somehow ended up reading and getting pretty good at it lol. I then eventually ended up on YouTube videos and discovered a great YouTube channel by a guy called Bucky Roberts, his youtube channel is called "The New Boston" and he was at the time the best for video tutorials, especially for Java.

Fast forward 10+ years, things have changed quite a lot. YouTube is over saturated with mostly low quality content and most of the good stuff now goes into dedicated learning platforms. As a Software Engineer, I now use LinkedIn Learning (provided by my work) to learn new tools / languages, so if you want the best quality content that's what I would use.

Associate
OP
Where are you starting from ? Do you know another language and just need to cross train to java or are you new to programming completely ? Why specifically java and not javascript/typescript or python ?

I will be taking Java at University level later in the year, wanted to adopt it as a hobby so I enjoy it enough to actually put the work in when the module starts. I don't really know any other language, Python but not much.

Back
Top Bottom