I'm looking for quality bluetooth earbuds for FLAC files at Gym.

Associate
Hi guys and gals,

Can anyone recommend any earbuds that will play FLAC files linked to my phone or music player while at the Gym? I'm looking for good audio quality as well as designed for sports use, although the sports use will be jogging at most. Price range up to £150 ish, might spend a bit more if it's worth the jump.

Not looking for Apple products because... well... I don't like them :)

Cheers,

Jed

Soldato
If you've got an iPhone over Bluetooth you are limited to AAC Bluetooth codec which is only 320kbps bit rate. Flac files somewhat greater than that.

Associate
OP
Wired annoys me too much, always getting caught up. I've picked up a pair of Sennheiser True Wireless, first gen. The new second gen are £280. I found 1st gen on Ebay for £125, then 20% voucher knocked it down to £100. Bargain.

I appreciate that the codec is still compressed, but it's probably the best compromise.

Associate
I wouldn't go back to wired headphones for any form of exercise, on the other hand I don't think that at the gym running/cycling you are going to notice much difference with flac as your source. Generally I go with something somewhat cheaper so if they get lost broken I don't care too much

Associate
I wouldn't go back to wired headphones for any form of exercise, on the other hand I don't think that at the gym running/cycling you are going to notice much difference with flac as your source. Generally I go with something somewhat cheaper so if they get lost broken I don't care too much
Do you find the wireless ones stay in your ears ok? I am always wary of them in case they fall out when running.

Associate
Do you find the wireless ones stay in your ears ok? I am always wary of them in case they fall out when running.

I normally run with my MPow Cheetahs so not actually fully wireless as it has a band with a bit of tension holding them in place but not sure if they are available any more. I've also got the MPow M30s, they have little fins that lock them in to the ear, it probably depends on the shape of your ear but I'd be confident of these staying in my ears running. The M30s are a bit bass heavy depending on your listening tastes but overall I'm happy with them for what I use them for.

Caporegime
Can you really hear the benefits of FLAC at a gym? Seems unlikely to me.

It's also not the earphones that support FLAC anyway that’s the player that will decode the FLAC file and then send it compressed over Bluetooth. Bluetooth headphones will use LDAC/AAC/aptX or aptX HD depending on the headphone chipset and device support.

Associate
I normally run with my MPow Cheetahs so not actually fully wireless as it has a band with a bit of tension holding them in place but not sure if they are available any more. I've also got the MPow M30s, they have little fins that lock them in to the ear, it probably depends on the shape of your ear but I'd be confident of these staying in my ears running. The M30s are a bit bass heavy depending on your listening tastes but overall I'm happy with them for what I use them for.
Thanks bud. I just want a new pair of wireless ones for when I eventually return to a gym haha

Back
Top Bottom