what is the equivalent to modmic

Associate
I'd be weary of using something like a modmic in the first place, their convenience may be good but they have durability issues and so you'd end up spending more in the long run. The best solution I'd say is just to get a stand-alone microphone like a neweer nw800 kit from amazon or a blue snowball ICE. Much better microphones that will last a lot longer.

Associate
I'd be weary of using something like a modmic in the first place, their convenience may be good but they have durability issues and so you'd end up spending more in the long run. The best solution I'd say is just to get a stand-alone microphone like a neweer nw800 kit from amazon or a blue snowball ICE. Much better microphones that will last a lot longer.
Yeah but you also have to take into account small form factor of the modmic.
Not everyone wants to have a big microphone stand on their desk or hanging in front of their face.

Soldato
Vmoda Boom Pro but as Jan said - has to be connected to the headphone jack unlike the ModMic, and is only compatible out-of-the-box with a few headphones, otherwise adapters need finding and the issue with that can be length of the adapters plus position of jack (may not be ideal for mic). However if you're also looking for budget headphones and want Open-back, then have a look for Philips SHP9500 (or spend more on the Fidelio X2). Both work great with the Vmoda mic.

Back
Top Bottom