** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
What are VA like these days , last I had was years ago with poor colour reproduction and ghosting
Don't have any ghosting on the G7 32" and the colours are stunning for me. Initial issues were solved by the firmware update and once you get the settings sorted it's great. Love the curve for gaming.

Associate
Very happy with it, really nice screen, none of the issues that some seem to have experienced, very smooth when gaming with nice sharp, crisp visuals
great , good to get positive feedback from owners to appreciate with everything these days bound to be to some negativity .

my new desktop pc comes next week complete with a RTX 3080Ti so dont think it will have any issues driving it to the max :)

Associate
Yup it's a great monitor if you get a good one, I am not as deft at picking up subtle stuff with the monitor (i.e. minor things others may pick up). For me a lot of the stuttering stuff was solved by following this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG4g9XlKw5w
Running the monitor with an RTX 2080 Super, i7-10700K with 32GB RAM and after following the vid in the link the things I thought were issues with the monitor went away after using FREETHY'S fixes.

Associate
Yup it's a great monitor if you get a good one, I am not as deft at picking up subtle stuff with the monitor (i.e. minor things others may pick up). For me a lot of the stuttering stuff was solved by following this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG4g9XlKw5w
Running the monitor with an RTX 2080 Super, i7-10700K with 32GB RAM and after following the vid in the link the things I thought were issues with the monitor went away after using FREETHY'S fixes.
brill thanks will check that out when the monitor arrives Monday, my desktop has arrived today 64gb ram , Ryzen 9 5950x, RTX 3080Ti so pretty much good to go

Associate
brill thanks will check that out when the monitor arrives Monday, my desktop has arrived today 64gb ram , Ryzen 9 5950x, RTX 3080Ti so pretty much good to go

That should run it just fine, I have found especially for gaming a lot of the issues you encounter are because of windows 10 settings, once you work your way through those keeping track of everything you change along the way you will find your gaming experience is way better.

Associate
That should run it just fine, I have found especially for gaming a lot of the issues you encounter are because of windows 10 settings, once you work your way through those keeping track of everything you change along the way you will find your gaming experience is way better.
THank you , could you elaborate on what windows settings that were changed

Associate
THank you , could you elaborate on what windows settings that were changed

I just changed the stuff that FREETHY talks about in that Youtube vid, also disable as much of the bloat in windows 10 that you can, apps, processes that aren't needed etc, There are good guides on this (setting CPu cores etc) which you can find by searching on Youtiube or the inet. Remember to note the changes you make then if anything goes wrong you can revert. Look for best settings in Nvidia Cpl online too.

Associate
I'm planning on buying a G9 soon. My biggest concern is pixel problems. OC quote ISO 13406-2 which seems to suggest that quite a lot of pixel problems isn't an acceptable reason to reject a G9. Does anyone have an experience of this?

Associate
I'm planning on buying a G9 soon. My biggest concern is pixel problems. OC quote ISO 13406-2 which seems to suggest that quite a lot of pixel problems isn't an acceptable reason to reject a G9. Does anyone have an experience of this?

I'm 100% happy with my G9 which I've had since December. However I did buy it from the rainforest because of their returns policy.

It's awesome to play games on, jaw droppingly good.

maj

maj

Soldato
Is there any difference between the different models? Take G75 LC27G75TQSUXEN and G7 LC27G75TQSRXXU for example. Both similar price from different retails but look to have identical specs.

maj

maj

Soldato
Can anyone help me with trying to get G-Sync working on my G7? I'm not getting the G-Sync option in Nvidia Control Panel and despite using DP I'm only getting 144hz rather than 240hz. The exact model I have is LC27G75TQSRXXU. Checked Samsung website and there isn't a firmware update only a manual and driver. When I try to install the driver manually using device manager I get the following error:

SjhFOa7.jpg

The only way I can get the driver to install is by running the .exe in the driver pack but I'm not sure if it is actually installing correctly based on the above error. I've re-downloaded it a few times and same error every time.

I've enabled Adaptive Sync on the monitor as suggested in manual. I'm finding conflicting info as to whether my 980TI should support G-Sync. I've already ran a firmware update tool to upgrade the DP on it to 1.4. I've tried the DP that came with the monitor too.

Soldato
I've bit on the current G9 model. For anyone interested, there is a cracking deal on today if you search online. £855.85 delivered free next day delivery including a free Samsung 1TB portable SSD. I can't wait any longer and reckon the new one will be £1500.

Back
Top Bottom