idiot neighbours.

Soldato
Call the police and say some nut job is waving a gun around and blasting wild birds. They won't ignore that one :D

It's illigal to shoot any wild birds without a permit now.

You also aren't allowed to shoot outside of your own property. If you can find some of the fired pellets that is evidence as they can be matched to an air rifle (and him). Or film him I guess.

Last edited:
Associate
Agree with others, reckless. It sounds like you handled it well, I would refer the matter to the Police. Its very odd behaviour.

Wood Pigeons as far as I know are not the same as the city dwellers (e.g. will run a mile whereas town pigeons are brazen). Yeah they look like they have eaten all the pies and waddle about, the only annoyance I know is when you park your a car under a tree where they roost at night, it will be a mess.

jcr

jcr

Associate
OP
sorry forgot to say that its an air rifle hes shooting. ive warned him that i will report him if he shoots out front again. and ive told my partner to let me know if she sees him shooting again.
hopefully the idiot will keep it to his own garden from now on.

Soldato
I was on a work conference call the other day with a senior partner. They shifted the camera down and their dog had a squirrel in its mouth.

Soldato
He is also not allowed to kill pigeons unless he has a licence, although they are considered pest animals you can't just kill them unless there is a legitimate pest control reason. and as said certainly is not allowed to shoot into your boundaries.

Soldato
sorry forgot to say that its an air rifle hes shooting. ive warned him that i will report him if he shoots out front again. and ive told my partner to let me know if she sees him shooting again.
hopefully the idiot will keep it to his own garden from now on.

People like him ruin it for the rest of us. He is allowed to shoot his airgun in his back garden however the pellet isnt allowed to go outside his property boundry otherwise its an offence. Also he isnt allowed to shoot under 50ft from a public highway or footpath if its likely to cause upset or inconvenience. He isnt allowed to shoot on common/public land so him shooting across the road is 2 offences.

He isnt also allowed to shoot random birds for the sake of it. Eg pigeons unless they are causing damage to property or crops, which doesnt sound like the case, instead it sounds like hes a bored stupid ****.

As a keen airgunner it pains me to say this but if you see it again, retrieve the bird and call the fuzz to get the air rifle taken off this moron

Last edited:
Soldato
He is also not allowed to kill pigeons unless he has a licence, although they are considered pest animals you can't just kill them unless there is a legitimate pest control reason. and as said certainly is not allowed to shoot into your boundaries.
Pigeons and woodies fall under the general licence but only for crop or building protection and technically its not a licence you get but something you abide by

Last edited:
Associate
IDK which country you're in - skipped from OP, but in the UK at least, you can't shoot over/into anyone else's property.
If I can't do it with my 6mm plastic BBs, then he can't do it with a proper weapon

Associate
As others have said, it's illegal for the projectile to leave his property, once it goes over the fence he's committed an offence.

Phone the police, this isn't a minor thing, he's being incredibly reckless.

This, report him. It's ********* that give the shooting community a bad name.

Soldato
He’s already parred you by being so disrespectful. If you aren’t going to slap him about for that, then you should have already called the police.

Associate
In fact, next time he's shooting, call the police and tell them there's a man outside your neighbours house holding what looks like a gun. Leave it at that. :D

Back
Top Bottom