What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
Yes you can play HL Alyx sitting down. You'll just need enough room around your wheelchair to move your arms around. It's very accessible, as the gravity glove mechanic means you can grab things from a distance, and it has lots of movement and accessibility options. It even has a single hand control mode, and a duck/crouch button.
Excellent, I might give it a go, as I haven't any half decent vr games.. Also the being able to play it mainly with 1 hand is great for me.

Associate
I've been playing it constantly since the last Expedition. Got a reasonable set of settings now that give a decent framerate. I'm addicted to finding all the creatures on a planet. My personal objective is to find as close a planet to Earth type as possible (Green grass and tree leaves, blue oceans, blue skies, and reasonably sensible fauna), then build a base on it.

As yet I've completely failed to find all of the creatures on any of the six planets I've visited despite the hints in the menu. I did find a planet with no obvious environmental dangers. The only flat part of it is the ocean.

Soldato
As yet I've completely failed to find all of the creatures on any of the six planets I've visited despite the hints in the menu. I did find a planet with no obvious environmental dangers. The only flat part of it is the ocean.

Sometimes the spawning seems bugged, and it can take ages to spawn the rare species. I had one planet say a lifeform was cave based, but could never find a cave. It's a pretty lucrative activity too if you get the scanner mods that multiply the amount of money you get for discovering things.

Associate
Sometimes the spawning seems bugged, and it can take ages to spawn the rare species. I had one planet say a lifeform was cave based, but could never find a cave. It's a pretty lucrative activity too if you get the scanner mods that multiply the amount of money you get for discovering things.

I always seem to be missing one or two, caves do seem to be involved in a lot of cases. Last night I went on a spending spree and one of the things I bought was a top tier scanner mod. I also got a better ship and misc upgrades for other things. Then I discovered some other bits and bobs that I could really use but now can't afford...
Scanning things frenzy later. :)

Associate
I picked up a rift s used just to put a toe in the water, love it!. Prior to that i mainly play ACC on a sim rig with an ultrawide. Unfortunately the gtx 970 isnt even close to having ACC playable through VR. For now im just playing pavlov, buzzing off seeing how far i can get on zombie mode on the hospital map alone. Can get to round 4 but strangely i do best using the pistol you start with and going for headshots. Has anyone got further than that solo?

Associate
I picked up a rift s used just to put a toe in the water, love it!. Prior to that i mainly play ACC on a sim rig with an ultrawide. Unfortunately the gtx 970 isnt even close to having ACC playable through VR. For now im just playing pavlov, buzzing off seeing how far i can get on zombie mode on the hospital map alone. Can get to round 4 but strangely i do best using the pistol you start with and going for headshots. Has anyone got further than that solo?
ACC is not VR friendly, I'm sorry to say. AC, however is sublime with the graphics mods through Content Manager

Associate
ATM I'm fully addicted to Mass Effect all over again, so not much VR. But I love race sims so for me, it would be Assetto Corsa, RaceRoom and RFactor 2. All so good in VR that I just can't race on flatscreen ever again!

Soldato
ATM I'm fully addicted to Mass Effect all over again, so not much VR. But I love race sims so for me, it would be Assetto Corsa, RaceRoom and RFactor 2. All so good in VR that I just can't race on flatscreen ever again!

Also completely absorbed by mass effect again at the moment...

The two flight stocks i bought for squadrons in vr are just gathering dust at the moment. Ah well, in the end is only paid about £5for both overall i think.

Associate
Eleven Table Tennis. Feels good so far and provides a nice workout. Occasionally feels like it doesnt track when you make fast hand movements but otherwise it seems well made.

Soldato
Eleven Table Tennis. Feels good so far and provides a nice workout. Occasionally feels like it doesnt track when you make fast hand movements but otherwise it seems well made.

Brilliant game. We had an OCUK Eleven Table tennis Tournament here a few years ago. It was great fun. Ocuk, very generously sponsored prizes and everything.

And the game has come a long way since then.

Associate
I expect you to die is really good, I love beatsaber and the star wars games. Tried to get in to the saints and sinners but couldn't. Not played for a few months, any new games people recommend?

Soldato
I expect you to die is really good, I love beatsaber and the star wars games. Tried to get in to the saints and sinners but couldn't. Not played for a few months, any new games people recommend?

If you like Beat Saber, did you try Pistol Whip? Or Synth Riders (there is a demo on SideQuest) Audica is another Rhythm game that some people like. There is a also a new game out called Against. There is demo on Steam. It's pretty cool.

Or are you only playing Standalone games (not connecting to PC)?

Associate
That's one I've always considered but never played, have to put it on the list

If you like Beat Saber, did you try Pistol Whip? Or Synth Riders (there is a demo on SideQuest) Audica is another Rhythm game that some people like. There is a also a new game out called Against. There is demo on Steam. It's pretty cool.
Or are you only playing Standalone games (not connecting to PC)?

Not I've not tried Synth Raider. I'll have to have a go, I have a Vive and was playing PC VR but since the Quest 2 I've mainly be sticking to headset games. I've yet to try the new Wireless VR for Quest 2 although I was using Virtual Desktop here and there.

Back
Top Bottom