• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Hardest cards to get a hold of

Associate
Which nvidia cards are the hardest to get ahold of for rrp at the moment?

On setup wars / tech source , nobody seems to have any 30 series which is odd as a fair few have them on here

Last edited:
Associate
It seems like they all are. Hopefully OC gets some stock of the 3070ti in as that might be your best bet to get one close to MSRP.

Soldato
Which nvidia cards are the hardest to get ahold of for rrp at the moment?
All of them in reality for pricing at msrp unless you get lucky to grab an FE model.

from hardest to easiest to get hold of in stock:-

1- 3080
2- 3060ti
3- 3070
4- 3060
5- 3090

the 3080ti and 3070ti needs more time to judge but if I would guess the full list it would be for in stock :-

1- 3080
2- 3080ti
3- 3060ti
4- 3070ti
5- 3070
6- 3060
7- 3090

but rumours going round the 3090 and the 3080 maybe going EOL.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
rumors going round the 3090 and the 3080 maybe going EOL.
It would make sense to EOL the 3080 because it's arguably priced too low, they will make way more profit off the 3080ti. Although it would be a bit unusual, having a card that in theory wasn't too extreme going EOL before it's even got into the hands of most people that want to buy it.

Associate
It would make sense to EOL the 3080 because it's arguably priced too low, they will make way more profit off the 3080ti. Although it would be a bit unusual, having a card that in theory wasn't too extreme going EOL before it's even got into the hands of most people that want to buy it.

Sort of, 3080 is being replaced with LHR 3080, but the latter will be around for at least another year.

Soldato

Exactly, the 3080ti to me is nothing more than a price correction on the 3080 series and to kill off the one they priced wrong because they paniced AMD or the next gen consoles will take some of their customers away. OR it really was just a fake price to pretend to backtrack on what they did with the 20xx series that was way over priced and stuck in warehouses for some models.

What ended up happening with the current GPU market has helped them clear all old stock GPUS even all way back to 10xx series, Nvidia won the lottery this time but also made one/two huge mistake(s) if it was a mistake (or just fake) the price of the 3080FE that was priced way too low, I think even the 3090 is one they got wrong too at the MSRP FE price as that card for people wanting them for work turned out to be the bargain of the century compared to titans and quadros, to the point Nvidia started banning AIBs from making the blower cards to stop them ending up in workstations and servers.

I think the current price of £2,250-£2500 is the the right price for the 3090, the 3080 should have been priced at £850 for the FE.

Caporegime
Exactly, the 3080ti to me is nothing more than a price correction on the 3080 series and to kill off the one they priced wrong because they paniced AMD or the next gen consoles will take some of their customers away. OR it really was just a fake price to pretend to backtrack on what they did with the 20xx series that was way over priced and stuck in warehouses for some models.

What ended up happening with the current GPU market has helped them clear all old stock GPUS even all way back to 10xx series, Nvidia won the lottery this time but also made one/two huge mistake(s) if it was a mistake (or just fake) the price of the 3080FE that was priced way too low, I think even the 3090 is one they got wrong too at the MSRP FE price as that card for people wanting them for work turned out to be the bargain of the century compared to titans and quadros, to the point Nvidia started banning AIBs from making the blower cards to stop them ending up in workstations and servers.

I think the current price of £2,250-£2500 is the the right price for the 3090, the 3080 should have been priced at £850 for the FE.
So you think the 3080 is being phased out already?

Soldato
So you think the 3080 is being phased out already?

Yes I do, an LHR 3080 super to take its place (with the correct price this time, so £800 to £850ish). The 3090 will vanish too and maybe turn into a Titan card with 36GB VRAM (blower design to please workstation and server builders, for people that require Titan drivers, like with the A-Series now for Quadro driver users) and a few more cores unlocked but not full as with the A6000 just to keep them apart.

Some were saying a 3090Ti but I really don't see that one as that will mean they can't charge Titan prices if still a GeForce card. Also the good binned chips are ending up in the Quadro cards (not called Quadro anymore but A-series) as they require lower wattage and better binned chips for power use.

Last edited:
Soldato
They don't? I never knew this!

He means the cards sold direct from the AMD store, they don't sell to UK because of some issue with Brexit and they decided no AMD ref cards at MSRP for UK people, unless you buy them from retailers and we know how that goes with prices then.:rolleyes: I remember all the crying that AMD will be the knight in white armour to save us all from Nvidia :cry::rolleyes:.

At least Nvidia is doing it, but again their main store couldn't manage the bots and demand so they gave the distribution to another UK retailer to deal with (same happened in other countries).

Associate
He means the cards sold direct from the AMD store, they don't sell to UK because of some issue with Brexit and they decided no AMD ref cards at MSRP for UK people, unless you buy them from retailers and we know how that goes with prices then.:rolleyes: I remember all the crying that AMD will be the knight in white armour to save us all from Nvidia :cry::rolleyes:.

At least Nvidia is doing it, but again their main store couldn't manage the bots and demand so they gave the distribution to another UK retailer to deal with (same happened in other countries).
That makes sense, damn I can't wait to eventually get a card so I can stop checking every 30 mins

Associate

Damn Brexit. Hopefully things pick up over the next month or two. I sold my 1070 a few weeks ago to take advantage of the pricing and now I'm stuck gaming on a Laptop with a 1650. Suppose there is people worse off. Either 6700xt or 3070 close to MSRP is what I'm after.

Associate
Absolutely 3080 is the hardest to get hold of, especially the FE as it is the only one available at "RRP".

If you can get a 3080 FE at RRP, it's the best value out there right now in my opinion :)

Back
Top Bottom