idiot neighbours.

Soldato
Sounds like he should be in prison, or a looney bin. It's one thing to be a knob within the confines of your own property, but if he's discharging firearms into neighbours gardens and across the street...

Soldato
Its the country, country people shoot things including pigeons and its legal (pigeons are also rather tasty). If it upsets you or your partner so much I suggest you move back to the big city? Shooting beyond his boundary and into your property isn't allowed though so I'd have words about that.

Police won't get involved other than maybe calling on him and having a few words if you're lucky.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its the country, country people shoot things including pigeons and its legal (pigeons are also rather tasty). If it upsets you or your partner so much I suggest you move back to the big city? Shooting beyond his boundary and into your property isn't allowed though so I'd have words about that.

Police won't get involved other than maybe calling on him and having a few words if you're lucky.

Why so angry and confrontational, you put your tampon in the wrong hole or something? The point is not about the legality of shooting animals, but the legality of shooting into another persons property.

Soldato

It's not legal at all and I doubt they have a license anyway.

To undertake a culling operation and to ensure it is within the scope of the law, the property owner must be able to demonstrate the following:
1) The pigeon-related problems being experienced have resulted in, or are likely to result in, a risk to public health or safety.
2) All non-lethal methods of control have been tried and found to fail. Culling cannot be used as a method of control simply because pigeons are causing damage to a property through fouling. Culling for this purpose would always be illegal.

Soldato
It's not legal at all and I doubt they have a license anyway.

To undertake a culling operation and to ensure it is within the scope of the law, the property owner must be able to demonstrate the following:
1) The pigeon-related problems being experienced have resulted in, or are likely to result in, a risk to public health or safety.
2) All non-lethal methods of control have been tried and found to fail. Culling cannot be used as a method of control simply because pigeons are causing damage to a property through fouling. Culling for this purpose would always be illegal.
Because his behaviour demonstrates that he shouldn't have one.
As the op stated its an air rifle so no license needed and as per my prev post there are about 3 offences the guy has fallen foul of. Its down to the op what he does now but imo as a responsible airgunner, this ******** needs it taking off him as he gives everyone else a bad name

Associate
Has he been reported to the police?

This whole thread is more pointless than any that I've ever made if OP claims to be so ****** off by this yet doesn't even report it to the police.

His wife that was so upset by the pigeons being shot, why doesn't she call the police to report it?

Could the OP be making the entire thing up? Any sane person would have called the police over this, even simply take a photo of the dead pigeon that was shot in your garden to show as evidence.

I'm calling this thread out as fake unless reported.

Caporegime
Yeah I'd report that. Who knows of he's just shooting pigeons too? Could be other more important birds.

You do not want to be hit by stray shot either!

Caporegime
I also grew up on a farm and there was a lot of shooting.
Pheasants, grey squirrel, pigeons.
Sometimes even sparrowhawks which was always illegal.
Magpies were trapped etc.

I was never interested in shooting.
Felt it was pointless as nature always c balances

Back
Top Bottom