*** GB News *** (stay on topic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I thought they new BBC boss was going to weed the woke warriors. But it seems to be taking time.

The licence fee should scrapped and the whole thing broken up really.

Caporegime
164k viewers on the first night. I kinda of expected more to be honest.

And not sure how they can bang on all the time about being British since its a new channel majority owned by foreigners and streamed from France.

Caporegime
Which the BBC does too since it often shuts down anything that strays into controversy or doesn't put the alternative view over through editing the available guests. Look how leftist Question Time was in Brexit debates for instance.

QT was massively skewed in favour of Brexit. You had a disproportionate appearances by Leavers in both the panel and the people in the audience, sometimes the same massive pro leave people week and week.

It was a massive campaign platform for Leave.

Caporegime
QT was massively skewed in favour of Brexit. You had a disproportionate appearances by Leavers in both the panel and the people in the audience, sometimes the same massive pro leave people week and week.

Not only that but Farage was the guest with some of the most appearances between 2000 and 2017 and always used it as a platform to bash the EU.

It was the slow drip drip of anti EU stories in the papers, on question time etc that led to Brexit.

Caporegime
Not only that but Farage was the guest with some of the most appearances between 2000 and 2017 and always used it as a platform to bash the EU.

It was the slow drip drip of anti EU stories in the papers, on question time etc that led to Brexit.

Farage appeared more times on QT than he attended the European Parliament as an elected MEP.

Soldato

Notorious lefty remainer Nigel Farage still ranks as being one of the most frequent guests on editions of Question Time.

Soldato
I don't think you've used this term correctly.

dLockers has clearly watched GB News, and offered up salient points about why the first 12 hours were rubbish, albeit in a slightly snarky/amusing way

If he hadn't bothered watching it, and banged on about it for weeks on end you might have a point.

He's watched more of GB news than those who actually want to watch it going forward. He knows very well he has an agenda against it before it even aired. Let's not entertain his faux interest.

Soldato
Because most of the stuff the woke leftists are pushing repels most normal people, it's only those who hang around too much in speakers corner or on social media in their echo chambers who agree with it and think that they're right because they're backed up by the corporate media. The problem is as mentioned the woke leftists have huge corporate backing, they're able to censor dissidents online and even shut down alternative news platforms and so elections are the only way to make their voices heard.

This flies in the face of reality but, hey, it's easier to solve problems you invent yourself.

Soldato
Yes, many I think are fearful of losing the power/privileges they have had for so long.

My Dad came from a working class council estate and has done very well, but in a time where you could easily walk in to a lot of jobs, buy a house very cheap etc. He's a typical boomer really.

I love him, he's a hard working man even at 68 and he's always been a conservative voter, but particularly in the last 5 years he's become very right wing and sometimes says some awful stuff, sometimes he says quite racist things as well despite having black and asian friends.

Same here, though he's not quite from a council estate. But everything else, identical. My dad was always right wing, but it seems to have ramped up dramatically of late.

Soldato
You are quite literally rewriting history with your biased nonsense, none of this is true.

No I'm not. Just look at how insipid and politically correct 'The One Show' is, never anything controversial, as soon as any conversation starts to stray into getting more in depth you can virtually hear the producer screaming to wrap it up and move the conversation to a different topic. It's totally sugar coated for those too easily offended.

Soldato
From what I can gather this kind of a safe space for people for find 'main stream' news too woke? :p:p:p
Not a great place for that seeing as they've had Amnesty International on this morning and actually let the guy speak. That's pretty out there for supposed Nazi TV.

Also it's going to be quite difficult getting by for those boycotting all the advertisers. That's quite a list now! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
The thing no-one seems to be able to square, is if the media is so "woke" and "leftist", why has the UK consistently elected right of centre governments

Cameron and Johnson are well to the left of Thatcher.

voted for Brexit

Plenty of left-wingers voted for Brexit. Like Corbyn.

and generally moved further to the right over the last twenty years?

The failure of Labour might just have something to do with that.

Permabanned
No I'm not. Just look at how insipid and politically correct 'The One Show' is, never anything controversial, as soon as any conversation starts to stray into getting more in depth you can virtually hear the producer screaming to wrap it up and move the conversation to a different topic. It's totally sugar coated for those too easily offended.

Regarding Question Time, completely incorrect.

Associate
That is exactly the point of the One Show, it is meant to be light filler tv not a challenging news program.

Soldato

Seriously? The One Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom