• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
Men! Don't be weak, we need a revolution. Nvidia pushed up the GPU PRICES up years ago which we tolerated but it can go on no longer.

We need to be strong and fight to win back our PC hardware. How do we do that? By spending very wisely, keep your hard earned in the bank. Get yourself a hair cut, do some manscaping around your twig and berries and get out of the house.

This weekend I shaved my gentleman sausage, bought a new 4k Projector and AV Reicver.and went out to get an ice cream.

YOU CAN DO IT MEN!

https://uk.manscaped.com/
I am not affiliated with manscaped.com

You good Sir, are why I love these forums!

Associate
I'm still rocking the 1080ti and don't play any new games so I'd happily decided to wait content in the fact I didn't need an upgrade...
But suddenly it's E3 and I'm drooling over some new games and suddenly I'm online checking on the status of new GPUs :eek: I don't think I'm intense enough to join the "waiting day and night, hovering over the Buy button for some stock" crowd though.

Soldato
I sold my 5700XT & Ryzen 3900 setup and moved to Series-X & PS5 gaming. Most FPS games I can still play with mouse & keyboard, plus the consoles go-nicer with a big OLED TV. 120FPS is more than "enough" for me. I prefer the Series-X over PS5 due to XBOX Ultimate, support of VRR (which makes it noticeably smoother) , plus more-consistent support of mouse and keyboard.

VB6

VB6

Associate
I sold my 5700XT & Ryzen 3900 setup and moved to Series-X & PS5 gaming. Most FPS games I can still play with mouse & keyboard, plus the consoles go-nicer with a big OLED TV. 120FPS is more than "enough" for me. I prefer the Series-X over PS5 due to XBOX Ultimate, support of VRR (which makes it noticeably smoother) , plus more-consistent support of mouse and keyboard.

Which FPS games do you play with KB and mouse on Series X out of interest?

I only play Battlefield mainly and that doesn't seem to be supported.

Soldato
Which FPS games do you play with KB and mouse on Series X out of interest?

I only play Battlefield mainly and that doesn't seem to be supported.
I think EA restricts the BF-series games to controller-only on consoles. Outriders is my go-to game at the moment. I have also spent hundreds of hours on Sea of Thieves, CoD and replaying the Halo-series (all work fine with M&K).

The good thing about using M&K on consoles is that a poor or very-average gamer (like me), obtains a decent-advantage. The bad-thing is that not all games are supported by the games-Dev.

VB6

VB6

Associate
I think EA restricts the BF-series games to controller-only on consoles. Outriders is my go-to game at the moment. I have also spent hundreds of hours on Sea of Thieves, CoD and replaying the Halo-series (all work fine with M&K).

The good thing about using M&K on consoles is that a poor or very-average gamer (like me), obtains a decent-advantage. The bad-thing is that not all games are supported by the games-Dev.

Yes i've been seeing if the new Battlefield will enable native keyboard and mouse support. No information yet.

I'm also a very poor FPS player on PC, but enjoy playing them so the slight advantage should even things out for me.

Soldato
How do these FE drops sell out so quick during working hours? I work 9am to 6pm. I'd have to take a week off work and hope there's a drop.

Some people claim it's so easy to buy a GPU. I guess they're retired lol

Associate
How do these FE drops sell out so quick during working hours? I work 9am to 6pm. I'd have to take a week off work and hope there's a drop.

I guess there is still a large percentage of people working from home still. Or having office jobs where you can just have your phone sat there visible for alerts.

Caporegime

It's simply not possible if you have a job where you can't drop everything the millisecond the alert hits.

Those people just aren't getting one, full-stop.

Associate

I've been working from home since the beginning of the pandemic, and still needed various attempts to get one... I'm pretty sure most people who claim it's easy don't work at all. And I was really luky myself, as I got mine just the week before I went back to the office... Otherwise I would have been waiting until next year at least, normal people can't just leave everything they're doing and go hunting for a GPU the moment they drop...

Back
Top Bottom