*** GB News *** (stay on topic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'd tell you if google actually was worth anything instead of trying to show me popular series no matter what I type.

I even went back 20 pages in the movies section here and couldn't find it

it must have been set in BC because I remember kicking up a stink about so many asians being in the show when they hadn't even met the romans yet, so how could they be in britain

Was it Cursed?

Soldato
Weren't the Phoenicians exporting Tin ore from Cornwall in pre Roman times? Bronze age? There was certainly trade with France, Spain and possibly with the middle east to the kingdom of Cornwall.

Associate
don't think so but seems mega woke for a king arthur timeline
Dude, why on earth would you have a problem with a show for having a muslim actor, but not the fact its got magic lmao. This is just pure reactionary politics at its finest.
You don't actually care about the historical accuracy, or you'd be complaining about the inclusion of magic.

Soldato
Is such a list actually available anywhere?
God knows, but so far off the top of my head there's been:

Virgin Media,
Starbucks,
Vodafone,
Amazon,
Kellogs,
Co-Op,
WWF,
Ikea,
Octopus Energy,
Bosch

Looks like companies probably know that twitter is just full of the neurotic people who shout the loudest and aren't representative of the general public.

Soldato
Not that I've ever noticed the weird quota you've plucked from thin air. Are you saying that you believe 40% of the leading men/women in BBC TV shows, dramatic or otherwise are black?

Methinks not.

There's a dubious joke lurking in there about needing to adjust the brightness on his TV...

I can't find the series on google.
but it was set in really early Britain way before the chinese even met the romans.
it was like fantasy with magic or one person had magic but still. rewriting the population makeup of a country to fit your diversity agenda.

if they made a series in set in 800 -1200 africa and had eskimos, ginger scottish people etc..... people would be like are you insane?

So you're fine with the historical accuracy of "fantasy with magic" but triggered by some ethnic diversity in the cast.

Also, there have been countless movies and shows that used "white" western actors to play the parts of people that would most likely not have looked that way.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Who'd have thought the Gammon Boomer TV thread would turn into a race discussion.

At least all that salt will be handy for soaking their gammon in overnight I guess.

Soldato
So you're fine with the historical accuracy of "fantasy with magic" but triggered by some ethnic diversity in the cast.

Also, there have been countless movies and shows that used "white" western actors to play the parts of people that would most likely not have looked that way.

Anything with Jesus in it for a start! :p

(And that doesn't include The Big Lebowski ;) )

Soldato
I put it on this morning around 10.30 just to see what they were talking about. Doesn't strike me as a news program, more chats on the sofa with different guests on subjects. I watched a fisherman being interviewed in the channel who said there are boats full of immigrants everyday, as the camera panned the horizon there wasn't a boat in sight lol! Didn't ask him about the fisherman getting screwed over by Brexit though. Then straight to a piece on England fans booing for the players taking a knee. Basically it was all very predictable. Drum up fear of Jonny foreigner and stoke parotitic feelings and anti BLM/anti-racism. So exactly what they promised.

Soldato
Who'd have thought the Gammon Boomer TV thread would turn into a race discussion.

At least all that salt will be handy for soaking their gammon in overnight I guess.
:D:cry::cry::cry:

Gammon Boomer UK. Love it.

What are these adverts?
Who are these insane advertisers?

I NEED to know about whom and what I should be righteously outraged! :D
They've hit the wokies hard: they* need to boycott the WWF. Ergo, wokies hate animals!

*Freudian there, I said 'we' :eek:

Associate
I'm amazed at just how bad the graphics, audio and video quality is.

Like some kind of GCSE project.

Audio especially, there's obviously some problem with the mics on the current show (De Piero & Halligan) that on the most low budget BBC show would have the producer shouting in their ear, but they're just ploughing on. Sometimes we can hear the production people over the top.

The split screen overly bright surround and extra dark studio is not a good mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom