Spec me a good keyboard please?

Permabanned
I have the ROG claymore at the moment but Id like something a little more...serious? I've long admired the subreddit full of pictures of 65% boards in all their glory but I just don't know where to start really. Has to be mech and Id like a quiet board after having two cherry reds in a row.

Ideally I don't want to spend more than £180 and I do like the look of the Wooting One but please feel free to tell me that's trash if that's the case. I've had Ducky boards before and do like them but I've seen people turn up their noses at Cherry MX switches so I assume that there is a lot better out there?

Associate
If you want it wireless and for gaming it limits your options just because bluetooth has such horrid connectivity for gaming. Its why I had to settle for a G915 TKL

Soldato
I can recommend the G915, its expensive but its nice and its the only wireless option for gaming due to bluetooth being bad (good battery life as-well)

IMG-20210525-130018.jpg

IMG-20210525-130118.jpg

Associate
Going from a full size board (I'll assume you have the numpad option) to 65% is a fairly uncomfortable shift, so maybe stick to TKL or 75% for now.
If you're willing to get a little bit involved and mod the keyboard a little (nothing scary) then I can't recommend the Keychron C1 highly enough. I bought one ($55), then bought new switches and stabilizers and just lubed the switches and added foam to the case.
To me, it sounds as good as half the fancy keebs on reddit/youtube and cost a grand total of about £140. It looks great imo (nice clean black and white look, clear and professional keycap legends), and there is an RGB option if you want it.

If you don't want to mod the keyboard, it's still a great option for $55. it's great out of the box, but extremely good value if you do mod it. I had a Razer Huntsman TE (~£120) at home, and actually prefer the much cheaper Keychron.

Associate
I've used keyboards of varying sizes and capacities and full-size keyboards are the best.
I would agree that either full size or TKL is the only way to go. I switched to a 65% at home but much prefer the TKL I use at work. Number pad doesn't affect me much, perticiularly at home, but dedicated space for arrow keys, and a f row is a must.

Back
Top Bottom