Favourite cereal?

Soldato
Cheerios which one of the cheerios ones is the best then ? the oats one, multigrain, or, more fancy coated versions

Didn't have them when I was a child, oats one looks like it should be similar to quaker oat crunch
Multigrain one seems include rice based cereals which would just be rice crispies, I've seen aldi do their cut on these.

Soldato
Multigrain Cheerios for me...think they have a lot of sugar tho! Can taste it in the milk by the time you’re nearly finished a bowl

I know they're meant for kids but I’ve been buying the variety packs and just adding raisins to bulk them up...I only really eat cereal at the weekend so a normal sized box is past it’s best by the 2nd week, even with clips etc on the bag to try keep them fresh. Don’t think I’m ready to start decanting cereal in to other containers yet!

Don
Cinnamon Toast (or Curiously Cinnamon is the name they use these days) is my guilty occasional pleasure, and they still taste the same as when I was a kid.

Fruit Wheats (Apricot, blueberry etc) are nomnom too though :D

Soldato
took the plunge these were a disappointment - bland,
so for the first time in many years added some light brown sugar

51111137781_2d1649afec_c_d.jpg

(on top of some muesli)

Associate
Cinnamon Toast (or Curiously Cinnamon is the name they use these days) is my guilty occasional pleasure, and they still taste the same as when I was a kid.

Fruit Wheats (Apricot, blueberry etc) are nomnom too though :D

That Cinnamon Toast Crunch is amazing but I had to stop buying it as eat too much of it if I buy a pack. There's not enough cinnamon flavoured things in the UK IMO, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Danish Cinnamon Pastries and used to be able to get cinnamon gum. That's about it for standard supermarkets.

Been buying old school Shaw's Cinnamon lozenges online for my cinnamon fix, good old British sweets like you used to buy by the quarter in almost every sweet shop and newsagent up till 1995 or so. Cinnamon one of my favourite flavours not nearly enough of it around.

Associate
I've been enjoying porridge and bran flakes a lot recently, my favourite would have to be blueberry shredded wheat but I only buy them occasionally.

I used to buy an unsweeted puffed rice which I'd add fruit or honey to but I can't seem to find them anymore.

Soldato
As a kid it was Puffa Puffa Rice, amazing, sadly not been available for 40 odd years. More recently Jordan’s kids apple and raspberry crispy oaties were nice, even if they were meant for kids :D Sainsbury’s used to do an apple and cinnamon variety of their Balance (special k own brand) cereal, alas that is no more either.

Of the cereals you can still get, Kallo honey puffed rice is good and also the fruit filled mini shredded wheats.

Man of Honour
I tend to be a toast in the morning sort of guy, sometimes with 3 x scrambled eggs, sometimes with marmite, sometimes just butter. But I have been trying to eat some cereals and have tended to go to Dorset Cereals. However, when shopping online the other week a suggestion popped up....

ew1HrUS.jpg

It is pricey and a small portion (a working week if you have smaller portions, 3 days if you have my size) for what it is, but just another level to the already decent Dorset stuff.

Back
Top Bottom