• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The "I might pay over £2k for GPU and here's why" self flagellation thread

Soldato
Every GPU I've ever bought has been well worth the money. I've never regretted a purchase for over 20 years.

The fact you had to create this thread proves categorically that you over spent.

Associate
OP
This thread is like painting your love spuds with nectar and then sticking them in a bee hive. Anyone doing it (posting to say I did) is just asking for trouble.
:D

Some people might need 24GB VRAM for video work or 3D modelling or some such and I suppose they get it as a tax break in their accounts if for work.

Associate
OP
Every GPU I've ever bought has been well worth the money. I've never regretted a purchase for over 20 years.

The fact you had to create this thread proves categorically that you over spent.

Nope , I sold my GTX1080ti in October and got a stopgap RTX2080 to fiddle around with Raytracing while waiting for my MSI Gaming X Trio RTX3080 which I ordered here on launchday. Never got it... discontinued now. I'm actually keeping an eye out for a 3080ti now. Don't want to pay £2k - that's for sure.

Associate
OP
Yeah but admitting you funded a scalper aint gonna go down well here. Even the OCUK £2500 3090's are stretching the realms of the real.

That what I mean. I'm on those stock informer things on Discord and click lots of links to eTailers and then do a Kif Kroaker *sigh* when I see the prices. PS5's seem to be moving fairly well from what I can see on the #successes channel.

Associate
The plus side now is that stock across the board seems to be sitting longer, which should start bringing the prices down. That said I'll hopefully purchase a card once the price is reasonable...

Soldato
In the last 8 months I've paid:

700 for a 5950x
150 on a gen4 ssd
300 on fans
150 on a new case
1500 on watercooling parts
1700 on a rtx3090
800 on a new soundbar
1000 on a new phone
500 on games
450 on a PlayStation 5

I need help, help finding more free time to enjoy these things that is - money is no problem but the above items don't get used much (apart from my phone) because I'm too busy making money

Last edited:
Associate
In the last 8 months I've paid:

700 for a 5950x
150 on a gen4 ssd
300 on fans
150 on a new case
1500 on watercooling parts
1700 on a rtx3090
800 on a new soundbar
1000 on a new phone
500 on games
450 on a PlayStation 5

I need help, help finding more free time to enjoy these things that is - money is no problem but the above items don't get used much (apart from my phone) because I'm too busy making money
What fans did you buy?:eek:

Back
Top Bottom