How many pages before you give up on a thread?

Man of Honour
Generally I'll read the first few posts, then skip to last page. If it's a topic of particular interest I work backwards several pages from there.

Unlike a lot of people I do not care at all how old a thread/post is, I will happily comment on old topics of interest that have previously passed me by. I'm a bit baffled by the whole "lol necro" response meme because to me the age of something doesn't implicitly impact on the validity for responding to it. It's far more likely I will find an interesting topic in the thousands of threads posted months/years ago than whatever the 30 most recently commented on topics are.

Associate
2 :D jks, I've been mostly on the gpu threads that are at 2k now >< but before this I hadn't been on a forum for years, used to hang out on the escapist a lot, and there I'd follow threads for quite some time :D

Honestly forums seem archaic for the most part, now that we have things like discord

Soldato
Anything over 6 pages or so, I will read the first one then the last.

Normally that determines if it has reduced to the point that's becoming so common - a couple of posters starting to dominate the thread who are more interested in scoring points of each other for things like spelling and other crap (quoting small sections of the other person's post to support their own side) rather than the topic itself.

Back
Top Bottom