Efficient method to get blood out of a finger

Associate
Why is it convention to get blood from a finger - they're really sensitive! Can you take blood from an elbow or knee?

If it's for a blood glucose test you need to apply the blood to a tiny little test strip, it's just much easier to do accurately if it's your finger.

Man of Honour
OP
Not looking good so far

diabetesresults.jpg

Soldato
Get the depth 7 needles, i find that my hands have to be very warm with the standard depth 5.

As for Type 2 - mine shot up to 18 after covid, having lost 2 stone , along with metformin and stains for blood pressure - i`ve changed my diet and my last check it was 5.7. Keep it up, and do cut out (totally) sugar, in everything.

Man of Honour
OP
No not great. Are you on oral treatment already?

Obviously don't talk about treatment etc, these figures are to give to the Clinicians on Thursday

Alogliptin 12.5mg tablets
Glucophage 500mg tablets x4
Gliclazide 30mg modified-release tablets x3

I've been on the bottom two a long time, I got diabetes when I was still competing in marathons and my last one was in 2011.

Caporegime
Obviously don't talk about treatment etc, these figures are to give to the Clinicians on Thursday

I've been on the bottom two a long time, I got diabetes when I was still competing in marathons and my last one was in 2011.

I'm so out of date with adult medicine I don't think anything I know could be considered medical advice :cry:

Soldato

Anything lessons learned that others could abide by to avoid?

Back
Top Bottom