• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help for long time existing customer but new to forums

Soldato
Can't see the new area either. Been a long time lurker and don't post too much, but have had MM access for a long time.

Associate
It's a little late, but I'm aware that the people behind the scenes are looking into who can view what. Just to help out, I "CAN" see the new section. 1000+ Posts and more than a year since joining.

Incidentally, anyone know why there's a distinct lack of Photoshop requests in GD anymore? Was always fun to watch those and join in, but they seemed to have entirely dried up over the last year. Only saw the Spiderman request that I joined in on and even that was a bit back. Have they been moved to another forum section? Or no longer permitted over on GD anymore?

Associate
OP
I’m pleased to say I picked up a 3080 ti last night. Extremely happy. Yes I paid over the odds for it and no it’s no the most desirable one, in fact I’m guessing it’s probably the least desirable one going, but I needed it and now I have it.

Its a palit gaming pro 3080 ti. I paid 1500 for it new. Feel free to bash me but I needed it and weren’t wiling to spend more than 1500 on the one I really wanted which was a gigabyte vision, but they were going for 1800-2000 on eBay.

Associate
Where is this new section everyone is talking about?

It should be at the top of the GPU forum section, it has its own sub section. The thing is, there's a bug (being worked on) where some users can't see it, even after meeting requirements from what I've read here and in some other threads. So if you can't see it, pop back with a post confirming you can't see it so the people behind the scenes can track it more easily.

Soldato
It should be at the top of the GPU forum section, it has its own sub section. The thing is, there's a bug (being worked on) where some users can't see it, even after meeting requirements from what I've read here and in some other threads. So if you can't see it, pop back with a post confirming you can't see it so the people behind the scenes can track it more easily.

I see voucher deal thread in MM, but don't see any sub-thread in GPU forums? Hopefully they fix it?

Associate

kar

kar

Associate
I couldn't click on the direct link, nor see the link in the graphics card forum. It could well be because my account is so old I got MM access before the post limit went up significantly :)

As others have said - I haven't taken advantage of the 3060/70 deals but really appreciate that you're even trying. Been a long time customer and this is why in the end.
MpRF7UY.png

Soldato
Are any of the people who can see the new section members that joined the forum before the forum software migration? Just a thought that maybe some can see it because they joined more recently since the forum software changed to its current vendor.

Associate
Are any of the people who can see the new section members that joined the forum before the forum software migration? Just a thought that maybe some can see it because they joined more recently since the forum software changed to its current vendor.

I don't believe that's the case. A quick gander in the threads there shows users from 2006, to 2021 who have been able to post (and basically see) there. So (I believe) it shouldn't be the issue you've described.

Soldato
I can't, i think the form migration was a few years ago now(?).

Associate
I'm in a similar boat where I've lurked for years after posting in 2006. I'm quite happy to gradually accrue the post count through engagement, and if I manage to get access to the deals then great, but I'm not going to do it purely through spamming things. I've been a forum user for about 25 years now, and I'm getting bored of what Pistonheads is becoming, so feeling like this might be the nudge I needed anyway.

I assume the minimum requirement for access to the deals now is 50 posts and longer than a years membership on the boards?

Soldato
I don't believe that's the case. A quick gander in the threads there shows users from 2006, to 2021 who have been able to post (and basically see) there. So (I believe) it shouldn't be the issue you've described.

Fair enough, sounds like there's a mix of people who joined pre and post the current forum software then which blows my theory out the water.

Back
Top Bottom