Rossi - Moto GP Build

Associate
OP
Also VR fan here, will be following this build for sure. Did you ever consider going for the old nastro azzurro look?

Thanks bud. I did, but, I really like blue and white and it just seemed to fit well for this one.

Cables are also now done and on their way to me!

198889321-862818037675144-4046366801952059394-n.jpg

Associate
OP
Well, it's been a while eh? The Moto GP build has been put on hold for a number of reasons, but it's finally time to come back to it and get moving. 2021 was a manic year for me and with other commissions and builds, this one got pushed to the side, so much so that Rossi has now even retired. With 2022 fresh, it's time I caught up with some of my personal builds but this one needed to go right back to the beginning.

My paintwork is, well, ok, ish. But after having the Intel Gamer Days build powder-coated, I decided to treat this build to the same full paint job. The whole system was covered in dust and needed stripping right down so I could send the case parts away, and now they are back ready to get cracking! The finish is beautiful on this and the RAL colour match is perfect for the theme of the build, being the 2010 M1 Yamaha.

With all the parts back, it's time to get the case built back up, and the difference the powder coating makes is beyond amazing.

There are some slight changes coming along the way from the original build, first up is a change of CPU block going with the Alphacool XPX Auroura Pro. It's a better-looking block than the black solid one in the second part of the build log.

The Monsta rads didn't fit first time round, and so Alphacool were kind enough to send over 2 45mm versions, however, for the rebuild I have managed to cram one of the Monstas in with a 45 to the front of the case.

The cables for this are from my good friend Michael Sheppard, To The Wire Mods, they are amazing and given they have spent the best part of a year in the box, its finally time to start threading them into this beast of a case, and they are perfect for the build!

So I am pretty much back to the point where the build was at a year ago, albeit with some improvements to the overall system. There's still a whole load of things I want to change but for now, at least, this system is getting the love it deserves!

Associate
OP
Thanks @Nor!

Teaser Time!

Still some work to do on the stripes, top and bottom lines being replaced with silver to match the bike.

On the rads, the Monsta didn't look right so reverted back to the twin 45mm Alphacool beasts.

Associate
OP
Well, the builds is sort of coming along, most of the decals are now applied, here's another teaser!

Now, some things arent going well, the motherboard has decided it doesn't want to play and so ASUS are currently sorting a replacement to finish off the build. As soon as it lands il get another update out!

Associate
OP
To be honest, the picture made it look worse than it was. A lot of this is the backplate on the water block more than anything. There's a little flex with a case as large as this but the little bit of sag won't be an issue and the bracket will help keep everything where it should be.

Associate
OP
Well, here it is guys, finally done!

Im so pleased with how this one turned out in the end, sure there were some problems along the way, and it's truly been a long old ride on this one!

Full Spec:
Case - Antec Torque
Motherboard - ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II
CPU - Intel 10920X
Memory - TeamGroup Delta DDR4 RGB
Storage - Seagate FireCuda 510 NVME 2x 2TB
GPU - MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio
Cable - Custom TTW
PSU - Cooler Master V850 White
Fans - Cooler Master MF120 Halo White
Cooling - Custom Alphacool loop
Custom powder coating
3D printed custom exhaust bracket
3D printed custom replacement front display panel featuring Valentino Rossi "46"
Custom decals
X299 OLED display custom animation

Hope you like it, let me know!

Soldato
I often look at a case like that and think why, what would you do.. there just stupid.

but this actually look the dogs, it look fantastic
Well done you gone done good:)

Associate
Just saw this featured on Asus RoG's facebook page, congrats on completing it, looks great!

Edit: just realised the exhaust is the res! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom