Need help building new watercooled PC

Associate

1. Hello I'm looking to replace my 6 year old pc with something more up to date . I want the new system to be water-cooled but I've got 0 experience with building water cooled pcs and I know I'm gonna screw everything up.
    I wanted to order pre build one from OC but I've already own a gpu rtx3070 and I want to water cool that too.
    If anyone with experience is based around South or East London can give me a hand building it and advice on what to get please give me shout.
    Feel free to PM me.

Man of Honour
Can you build a pc?

First you should put together a pc build excluding water cooling parts with a decent case for 2 radiators at least.

Whats your budget for parts excluding gpu and watercooling ?

Associate
OP
Yeah I reckon I should be able to build a pc . Did so back in my teens so things haven't changed much 8n that regard since then.
I'm looking to build something for 1000-2000 pounds budget range. I already got the gpu so that should be able to get me some decent stuff.

I'm looking at the lian li 011 dynamic case and kind of split between lga1200 socket cpu i5 11600k or i9 11900. Not sure if I'll ill ever make full use of that i9 as I think it's a bit of overkill... the rest I haven't really decided just want good stuff for gaming and I'm not looking at 200fps . 60fps is my target but anything over 45fps works for me really lol.

Man of Honour
Yeah I reckon I should be able to build a pc . Did so back in my teens so things haven't changed much 8n that regard since then.
I'm looking to build something for 1000-2000 pounds budget range. I already got the gpu so that should be able to get me some decent stuff.

I'm looking at the lian li 011 dynamic case and kind of split between lga1200 socket cpu i5 11600k or i9 11900. Not sure if I'll ill ever make full use of that i9 as I think it's a bit of overkill... the rest I haven't really decided just want good stuff for gaming and I'm not looking at 200fps . 60fps is my target but anything over 45fps works for me really lol.
I personally would go AMD 5800x 8 core will last you well along with 32 gb ddr4 3600mhz alonh with a b550 or x570 motherboard the latter has 2 x m2 drives that can run at pcie4 speed . B550 has one pcie4 m2 and one pcie3 m2 but that not big deal for most .

Heres a starting point which you can chznge yo suit your needs.

I put a 2tb m2 for storage, mobo with Wi-Fi.

CODE My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,278.02 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Associate

1. Hello I'm looking to replace my 6 year old pc with something more up to date . I want the new system to be water-cooled but I've got 0 experience with building water cooled pcs and I know I'm gonna screw everything up.
    I wanted to order pre build one from OC but I've already own a gpu rtx3070 and I want to water cool that too.
    If anyone with experience is based around South or East London can give me a hand building it and advice on what to get please give me shout.
    Feel free to PM me.

Where about in London are you from?

Man of Honour
OK I can work with that. What do you think about the CM Cosmos C700M case ? Would it be good for purpose if I want to watercool it ?
Has plenty of cooling options if you like it go for it, below is a video of it watercooled.

Now you have a list of parts and case you like make a post in the watercooling section of the forum about a watercooling parts and help to build. Also get opinions on your pc spec as its always good to have opinions.

You will need a cpu cooler for the 5800x until you watercool your system the arctic e34 sport is £30 and good option until.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/community/watercooling.133/

Man of Honour
Great. I'll order the parts and get things going then !
Thank you for your help !
Your wekcome..

As long as your happy to do so and dont want to wait for other opinions.

You may need to update the bios on the motherboard for the 5800x to work this can be done with bios flashback feature on the motherboard . You dont need another cpu to do so check thd box see if it says 5000 series ready .

Tutorial.

Associate
OP
Righty o .
So that's what I got:
The case is the CM Cosmos C700M
CODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,305.43 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Now just gotta wait for everything to arrive and assemble this bad boy and get down to water cooling.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Righty o .
So that's what I got:
The case is the CM Cosmos C700M
CODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,305.43 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Now just gotta wait for everything to arrive and assemble this bad boy and get down to water cooling.
[/QUOTE]
£380 on the motherboard seems a bit excessive what extras does it give you ?

Associate
OP
£380 on the motherboard seems a bit excessive what extras does it give you ?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know ... Not much really a couple more slots here and there and apart from that not much else that the tomahawk didn't already have. Definitely can't justify the extra money spent but that was what I went with .

Man of Honour
£380 on the motherboard seems a bit excessive what extras does it give you ?
Yeah I know ... Not much really a couple more slots here and there and apart from that not much else that the tomahawk didn't already have. Definitely can't justify the extra money spent but that was what I went with .[/QUOTE]
Personay i would change it back a £150 a lot which can be spent elsewhere. On the flip side it's a good motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom